Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Responsible for collecting, loading, and transporting: office furniture, laboratory equipment, and special event items including but not limited to: stages, tables, lecterns, chairs and event information.
- This position supports the Crew Leader and will fill the role of the Crew Leader, if the Crew Leader is absent. Lifts and moves equipment that may weigh over 100 pounds.
- Sorts and handles materials to ensure that all materials are repurposed through Surplus Properties or properly recycled. Adhere's to Emory University's goals for sustainability, specifically in regards to waste minimization through the use of Surplus Properties and recycling of collected items.
- Assures superior customer service to both external and internal customers by providing accurate and timely follow-through on all inquiries.
- Communicates with crew leader and supervisor to ensure work orders are processed on time and labor completed. Supports the need of the department by being a team player and having flexibility with work orders and schedule adjustments.
- May operate trucks and forklifts. Ensures the proper safeguarding of tools and moving equipment.
- Assists in facility and vehicle management maintenance. Ensures a clean, safe work environment in compliance with university standards as well as federal, state and local requirements.
- Adheres to and complies with Emory University safety and security standards. Performs other related duties as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and five years of related experience. Candidate must have a valid Georgia Driver's License and an insurable driving record.
- Candidate must have the ability to lift 100 + pounds.
- Basic knowledge of HIPPA guidelines.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Grounds Crew Chief (Nights) Tempe Campus, Arizona State University, United States, 13 days ago
87899BR Campus: Tempe Grounds Crew Chief Job Description Facilities Management, Grounds Services, seeks a nights Grounds Crew Chief to supervise a crew in the maintenance of grounds and hardscape ...
Housekeeper, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 18 days ago
Department: Environmental Services - UH FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Nights Position Summary: Clean and services building areas. Perform a variety of environmental services duties in order to maint...
Housekeeper, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 17 days ago
Department: Environmental Services - UH FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Days Position Summary: Clean and services building areas. Perform a variety of environmental services duties in order to maintai...
Academic Facilities Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 11 days ago
87990BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Academic Facilities Specialist Job Description The Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts is seeking an Academic Facilities Specialist to coordinate the facil...
Lecturer Wood & Furniture Conservation, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 18 days ago
Lecturer Wood & Furniture Conservation Lecturer Wood & Furniture Conservation Published Deadline Location today 31 Jan Amsterdam Job description The capacity group Conservation and Restoration is ...
Quadrant Laboratory Operations Manager – Service Delivery, Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Quadrant Laboratory Operations Manager – Service Delivery Reports to: • Laboratory Operations Hub Lead Contact term: • This is a full-time, permanent position on Crick terms and conditions of empl...