The Curry School of Education and Human Development seeks an experienced leader to provide strategy/operations/fundraising support to faculty leaders of several strategic initiatives. Specific goals for this hire include: 1) securing support from major national and private foundations, private philanthropists, and placing the initiative(s) in the national “reform” spheres of interest to policy-makers and the public; 2) organizing, focusing, and positioning initiatives; and 3) providing operational and programmatic advice and tools that enable accountability, program development, and impact.
The Curry School has identified a cluster of high-leverage initiatives on which this position will focus effort (Youth-Nex’s Reimagining Middle School; the Center for Race, Public Education, and the South’s efforts on teaching history; and Social Simulation for Teacher Preparation and Professional Development). In addition, it is also expected that this hire will contribute to development of the area of “neuroscience and education.” Faculty leading these initiatives have expressed their needs for enabling resources in the areas described above.
Therefore, the Curry School of Education seeks a full-time member of the University Staff to provide strategic, programmatic, project and grant-writing support for these (and other) initiatives as identified by faculty leaders and the dean. This hire will report directly to the Dean, with important coordination roles with faculty leadership, program staff, school administration leaders, University Advancement, and collaborators and administrators across the university. In addition, a successful candidate who holds academic credentials may be considered for an academic appointment at the rank of lecturer (non-tenured). the successful candidate for this role may also be appointed on the General Faculty (non-tenured).
- Provide program management and planning to a select group of strategic initiatives identified by the school and dean (positive youth development/middle school; social simulation and educational technology; race and public education; neuroscience and education).
- Develop and implement funding plans for above, engagement and grant-writing to focus on major foundations; close coordination with University Advancement on private philanthropy.
- Work closely with and in support of faculty leaders for select initiatives to enable their successful leadership of the programmatic and substantive work.
- Provide counsel, advice, and support to ensure success of select initiatives in terms of impact, sustainability, and scale.
- Enroll and manage relationships with strategic partners (organizations, funders, etc.) Coordinate closely with the dean and the Curry Foundation advancement team, University Advancement, and other internal groups to ensure collaboration and success.
- Engage in classroom instruction as workload and schedule allows.
Anticipated hiring range is $140K-$170K. Salary is commensurate with experience and contingent on University-approved pay ranges.
- PhD. in education or related field.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in fundraising, strategic planning and implementation of strategy, establishment of networks related to the support of large-scale projects and initiatives with national scope and scale.
- Background in topics related to youth, education, and human development.
*Please note that this is a restricted position and continuation beyond a year is dependent upon the availability of the position, funding, and satisfactory performance.*
For questions about the application process, please contact Bethany Case, Academic Recruiter, at email@example.com.
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday , and search for ‘Special Assistant to the Dean for Strategic Initiatives and Advancement, Associate Professor'. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for ‘Special Assistant to the Dean for Strategic Initiatives and Advancement, Associate Professor'. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Assistant Professor Of Environmental Science, American Geophysical Union, United States, about 1 month ago
The University of Virginia College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences Department of Environmental Sciences invites applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Hydroclimatolog...