Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve
The primary role of the Software Developer position is to contribute to software design and development of biomedical research and healthcare analytics applications. The position is for hands on programmer who will contribute to implementation and documentation of research informatics platforms and data analysis infrastructure to support analytics use cases and projects. The software developer will actively contribute to implementation of Einstein/Montefiore’s programs to streamline and evolve informatics and healthcare analytics.
- Translate product requirements into a technical implementation plan, using skills such as OOD, analysis of existing infrastructure, and research to select appropriate tools and technologies.
- Work with cross-functional teams including web developers, designers, support, reporting, etc. on various aspects of a project.
- Contribute to development of scalable, dynamic, and enterprise software infrastructure for healthcare to support Big-data analytics (Patient centric Analytical Learning Machine)
- Provide effort estimates for tasks and track progress of assigned tasks and if required, all project tasks.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; following the software development lifecycle.
- Design Database schemas and writes SQL queries in database systems such as Oracle, Postgres, Sql Server, MySql etc.
- Partner with subject matter experts (SME’s) and technical leads to translate business requirements to technical specifications and user stories for implementation.
- Collaborate with team lead and managers to plan, design and implement software modules.
- Build automated tests to ensure quality of the software modules and minimize issues and bugs.
- Address production issues, implement fixes to address them & work to prevent them in future.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical (internal) stakeholders.
- Partner in development of institutional metadata representations, ontologies, terminologies, information models, and terminology mappings
- Perform unit and integration testing, load-testing & performance testing when necessary to ensure stability and scalability of our websites.
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is required.
A master’s degree in Computer science or Information Technology is preferred
- Experience of 1-2 years in developing software application in Java, J2EE/Servlets, Spring (or another MVC framework such as struts)
- Experience of 1-2 years in writing SQL queries and store procedures.
- Experience of 1-2 years with designing and optimizing Database schemas
- Experience of 1-2 years with SOA architecture, Web Services (SOAP, REST), JSON, XML,
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience of 1-2 years working in AGILE project team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills to communicate and document user interactions and requirements
- Strong analytical skills to analyze, categorize and translate business/user requirements to functional requirements
- Experience in analytics and data mining techniques
- Experience working with Health data systems and EMRs
- Experience optimizing SQL queries and writing stored procedures and functions
- Experience working with technologies from the Semantic Web Stack like RDF, SPARQL
- Understanding of data and metadata management in health care systems
- Knowledge of common Linux commands and shell scripting
Data Integrations Manager, New York University, United States, 23 days ago
The Data Integrations Manager will provide daily technical support of NYU’s implementation of the Alumni Relations suite of marketing communication tools. This requires a high technical aptitude f...
Data Analyst, New York University, United States, 11 days ago
Provide high level data reporting support for the University’s alumni and donor database (Ellucian’s Advance). Primary technical liaison between end-users and University Development and Alumni Rel...
Systems Engineer, Columbia University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title Systems Engineer Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 095249 Department 4502- CCO P&A Deans Office Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Temporary Bargaining Unit If temporary...
Associate Software Developer, Columbia University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title Associate Software Developer Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 095247 Department 4502- CCO P&A Deans Office Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit I...
Programmer Analyst, Weill Cornell Medicine, United States, 5 days ago
Title: Programmer Analyst Location: Upper East Side Org Unit: Center for Aging and Behavioral Research Work Days: Exemption Status: Exempt Pay Grade: 06 Position Summary Responsible for the constr...
Sr. Programmer Analyst, Johns Hopkins University, United States, 9 days ago
Classified Title: [[Sr. Programmer Analyst]] Working Title: [[Sr. Programmer Analyst]] Role/Level/Range: ATP/04/PD Starting Salary Range: [[$58,695 - $80,625]] Employee group: Full Time Sche...