|Division/Department||Physics, Math and Astronomy|
|Work Location (City, State or Country)||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Functional Title||Software Developer for Advanced Networking Projects|
|Job Category||Fulltime - Term|
|If position is parttime, how many hours per week?|
|If position is temporary, is it less than 3 months?||No|
|Emergency Reporting Designation?||Essential Non-Reporting|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Desired Employment Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Anticipated Salary Range|
Caltech’s High Energy Physics group has a long-standing involvement in the design and development of the computing models in use at the Large Hadron Collider. In parallel, the group has a long term pioneering role in the use of high-speed optical networks for High Energy Physics data analysis. We are looking for an experienced software development engineer to work on integration of advanced networking with scientific data and workflow management.
The new team member will contribute to the development of software related to the use of Named Data Networking (NDN), efficient data distribution and caching, pervasive monitoring systems, and software-defined intelligent networks integrated with the software stack of the CMS experiment.
The project is being carried out in collaboration with partner institutes in the CMS experiment, and the major research and education networks including ESnet, Internet2 and others regional and international networks.
This is a one year term position, with the possibility of extension. This position will be based at the CERN laboratory in Geneva, Switzerland.
• Software development in the framework of the CMS data/workflow management.
• Development of algorithms leveraging named data networking and interfaces to Software Defined Networking services enhancing workflow efficiency.
• Integration of network monitoring services into data management.
• Active participation in collaborations with partner institutes and networks worldwide.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, physics, or related field.
• Good programming skills in at least two of the following: Java, C/C++, Python.
• Experience and good Linux system administration skills.
• Experience with development of distributed systems.
• Experience with IP networking.
• Master’s degree or PhD.
• Experience with perfSONAR or other network monitoring systems.
• Experience with large-scale data management systems for data-intensive science.
• Experience with Named Data Networking.
• Knowledge of emerging network-related Open Grid Forum (OGF) standards such as Network Service Interface (NSI) is a plus.
• Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and/or Network Function Virtualization (NFV) is a plus.
• Experience with high throughput data servers is a plus.
Posting Detail Information
|Posting Open Date||07/13/2017|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
] Assistant Professor Of Biology, Human Anatomy, , United States, about 6 hours ago
Open Position, Biological Science – Human Anatomy Appointment to begin Fall 2018 Founded as a Catholic university in 1887, Benedictine University is located in Lisle, Illinois 25 miles west of Chi...
] Assistant Professor Of Computer Science, , United States, about 6 hours ago
Open Position, Computer Science Appointment to begin Fall 2018 Founded as a Catholic university in 1887, Benedictine University is located in Lisle, Illinois 25 miles west of Chicago with addition...