Purdue's Department of Agricultural Research and Graduate Education is adding a Software/ Data Engineer to their team. As the Software/ Data Engineer, main responsibilities would be:
- With collaboration (agriculture disciplines, computer and data science, engineering, and also non-academic groups such as AgIT, Bioinformatics, phenomics, data services), lead development and implementation of data architecture and data infrastructure architecture for real-time streaming of IoT type data from a diverse set of sensors and devices. This will include all aspects of flow and structure (metadata, structure, pre-processing, transfer, translation, consumption, and archive). The data will be in a form that enables integration across different execution platforms and end-point services
- Integrate data flow solutions in research farms and laboratories that translate well to application on private farms and firms
- Contribute to research, outreach, and extension proposals
- Contribute and deliver informative presentations to stakeholders regarding vision, opportunity, and applications of data science for improved decision making
- Assist faculty with data processing and data analytics tutorials for training graduate students in data science for agriculture
This position will have a limited duration of 3 years with continuation dependent upon funding. Benefits do apply.
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Agricultural Engineering, or an agriculture discipline with extensive data integration experience
- 2 years of related professional experience
- In lieu of degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience; Bachelor's + 4 years' experience
- Familiarity with agricultural production/processing systems
- Statistics and data analysis background/courses
- Knowledgeable regarding instrumentation, embedded controls, and embedded systems programming applicable to agriculture
- Ability to enable data visualization in space and time for improved decision making
- Effective communications to both technical and lay audiences
- Practical software development experience building and running data exchange systems
- Experience with human-tech interface design and development
- Valid US or Canadian drivers license
- Experience with graph database (e.g., Neo4j) and NoSQL database (e.g., Cassandra) implementation
- Experience with web app development and integration with sensors such as NFC, RFID, bluetooth, etc
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Open Faculty Position In Agricultural And Bio Systems Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Zhejiang University - Agricultural Engineering Discipline, College of Bio-systems Engineering and Food Science The Agricultural Engineering Discipline at Zhejiang University is seeking applicants ...
Industrial Engineer, International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, Bangladesh, 2 days ago
Industrial Engineer The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partner...
Adiunct In The Department Of Natural Theories Of Agriculture And Environmental Education At The..., University of Rzeszów, Poland, 13 days ago
PhD of Agricultural Sciences; PhD of Biological Sciences; Didactic experience in conducting classes with students in the field of waste management; Knowledge of the Polish language in speech and w...
Herdsperson, University of Alberta, Canada, 22 days ago
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science - Dairy Research Unit Competition No. - S108139040 Posting Date - May 17, 2019 Closing Date - May 31, 2019 Position Type - ...
Research Technician For The Animal Group, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
The Department of Biosystems and Technology teaches and conducts research within the area of agricultural science; the research of the Animal group focuses on the interaction between farm animals...
Associate Professor In Embedded Electronics With Emphasis On Drone Technology , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) invites applications for a position as Associate Professor in Embedded Electronics with emphasis on drone techno...