Job TitleSoftware Applications Developer I
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentGeochemical & Environmental Research Group
Proposed Minimum Salary$3,896.92 monthly
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Software Applications Developer I, is responsible for the composition of computer programs for the specific research cruises and specific needs of the research project, including writing of embedded software for operating and controlling sensors on remote ocean observing systems.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related software applications development experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Skills using LINUX, PERL, C++ and C
Required Licenses, Certifications and Registrations:
- Must have or be able to obtain a Texas Class "C" driver license within 30 days of employment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master s degree in computer science, experience interfacing sensors to single board computers, experience programming sensor operations under LINUX.
- Required to write new computer programs on Linux and Windows based systems as dictated by the individual research required.
- Write controlling and integrating software for oceanographic sensors using multiple communication protocols such as RS-232, 485, 422, Ethernet or wireless to embedded Linux computers
- Deploy on research cruises to maintain, update and amend computer programs as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
End User Support Specialist Ii, TAMHSC, United States, about 15 hours ago
Job Title End User Support Specialist II Agency Texas A&M University Department Health Science Information Technology Proposed Minimum Salary $3,542.59 monthly Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type S...
Program Coordinator Ii, TAMHSC, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Program Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Faculty Development and IPE Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type St...
Instructional Designer Iii, TAMHSC, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Instructional Designer III Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Academic Techonology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff...
Program Specialist Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Title Program Specialist III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Education Program/Easa Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descript...
It Professional I, TTI, United States, about 18 hours ago
Job Title IT Professional I Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Tti Network & Information Systems Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type...
Strategic Advisor For National Security Initiatives, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Strategic Advisor for National Security Initiatives Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department TEES Admin Onboarding Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas...