Job Classification Title: Social Science Research Professional
One year fixed term from the date of hire
Social Science Research Coordinator:
The Department of Psychology is looking for a full-time Social Science Research Coordinator. The SSRC will assist with responsibilities such as running depressed/anxious children, adolescents, and adults, and non-psychiatric control participants in studies of cognitive biases, stress reactivity, information processing, and neural functioning. The SSRC will be involved in recruiting people to participate in studies; assist in diagnostic interviews; run participants in experimental protocols; organize and maintain data files; and assist with study-related paperwork. Knowledge of psychopathology and of SPSS for data analysis is desired. Other responsibilities include helping to design and maintain a research database, organizing experimental protocols and materials, helping with and overseeing data entry, and working with professors, graduate and undergraduate students, and post-doctoral fellows.
This is one fixed term position with possibility of renewal upon funding availability.
**A strong internal candidate has been identified for this position **
• Maintain and file forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs.
• Prepare correspondence, and documents for different studies
• Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants.
• Perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
• Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments.
• Prepare, distribute, administer and process questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry.
• Type, edit and organize data.
• Review and verify accuracy of database information and assist in making necessary corrections according to specific guidelines.
• Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of study activities. Assist with post-study activities, as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• General understanding of scientific theory and methods.
• General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs.
• Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
• Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with human study participants
Certifications and Licenses:
• Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
• Occasionally stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, writing by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.
• Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl, rarely reach/work above shoulders, and operates foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
• May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
• May be required to work non-standard, extended or weekend hours in support of research work.
• Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
• Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
• Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
Associate Dean, Academics, The California State University, United States, 19 days ago
Description: Reporting to the Dean of the College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE), the Associate Dean, Academics is charged with oversight of operations related to instruction and acad...
Study Abroad Program Specialist, The California State University, United States, 21 days ago
Description: The Study Abroad Program Specialist will develop, implement, and evaluate globally focused programs in both credit and noncredit offerings. The incumbent will collaborate with faculty...
Administrative Support Coordinator, The California State University, United States, 15 days ago
Description: The Academic Support Coordinator will support two departments located in separate offices within the College of Engineering (Civil and Environmental Department/Mechanical Engineering ...
Construction Safety Specialist, The California State University, United States, 19 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 25220 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 24, 2019 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) L...
Academic Advisor Ii Lucas Co B, The California State University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 25241 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: November 8, 2019 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4)...
Admissions Counselor And Welcome Center Operations Specialist, The California State University, United States, 5 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 25237 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: November 6, 2019 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4)...