Job Classification Title: Social Science Research Professional
One year fixed term from the date of hire
Social Science Research Coordinator:
The Department of Psychology is looking for a full-time Social Science Research Coordinator. The SSRC will assist with responsibilities such as running depressed/anxious children, adolescents, and adults, and non-psychiatric control participants in studies of cognitive biases, stress reactivity, information processing, and neural functioning. The SSRC will be involved in recruiting people to participate in studies; assist in diagnostic interviews; run participants in experimental protocols; organize and maintain data files; and assist with study-related paperwork. Knowledge of psychopathology and of SPSS for data analysis is desired. Other responsibilities include helping to design and maintain a research database, organizing experimental protocols and materials, helping with and overseeing data entry, and working with professors, graduate and undergraduate students, and post-doctoral fellows.
This is one fixed term position with possibility of renewal upon funding availability.
**A strong internal candidate has been identified for this position **
• Maintain and file forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs.
• Prepare correspondence, and documents for different studies
• Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants.
• Perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
• Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments.
• Prepare, distribute, administer and process questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry.
• Type, edit and organize data.
• Review and verify accuracy of database information and assist in making necessary corrections according to specific guidelines.
• Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of study activities. Assist with post-study activities, as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• General understanding of scientific theory and methods.
• General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs.
• Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
• Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with human study participants
Certifications and Licenses:
• Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
• Occasionally stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, writing by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.
• Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl, rarely reach/work above shoulders, and operates foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
• May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
• May be required to work non-standard, extended or weekend hours in support of research work.
• Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
• Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
• Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
Assistant, Associate Professor, Or Full Professor University Tenure Line Or Non Tenure Line – Research Department Of Psychiatry And Behavioral Sciences Stanford University School Of Medicine, Psychiatry, United States, 6 days ago
Position ID:Stanford University School of Medicine -Psychiatry -OPENRANK [#15601] Position Title: Position Location:Palo Alto, California 94304, United States [map ] Subject Area: Psychiatry Appl...
Academic Advisor Iii, Lucas College Of Business, The California State University, United States, 5 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 25405 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 18, 2020 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4) Lin...
Sleep And Mental Health Assistant Or Associate Professor University Tenure Line Or Non Tenure Line Research, Psychiatry, United States, 6 days ago
Position ID:Stanford University School of Medicine -Psychiatry -STANFORDUNIVERSITY [#15600] Position Title: Position Location:Palo Alto, California 94304, United States [map ] Subject Area: Psych...
Digital Mar Comm Specialist, The California State University, United States, 4 days ago
Description: *This is a temporary - 6 months, part-time, non – benefited position.* The Digital MarComm Specialist reports to the Interim Director of Special Projects. In collaboration with the St...
Police Officer Cadet, The California State University, United States, 18 days ago
Description: *This appointment is not expected to exceed seven months, or beyond the duration of the basic academy training, including the attainment of P.O.S.T. Certification and after being swor...
Police Officer, The California State University, United States, 14 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 25400 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 7, 2020 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Public Safety (Unit 8) Link to...