Job Classification Title: Social Science Research Professional
One year fixed term from the date of hire
Social Science Research Coordinator:
The Department of Psychology is looking for a full-time Social Science Research Coordinator. The SSRC will assist with responsibilities such as running depressed/anxious children, adolescents, and adults, and non-psychiatric control participants in studies of cognitive biases, stress reactivity, information processing, and neural functioning. The SSRC will be involved in recruiting people to participate in studies; assist in diagnostic interviews; run participants in experimental protocols; organize and maintain data files; and assist with study-related paperwork. Knowledge of psychopathology and of SPSS for data analysis is desired. Other responsibilities include helping to design and maintain a research database, organizing experimental protocols and materials, helping with and overseeing data entry, and working with professors, graduate and undergraduate students, and post-doctoral fellows.
This is one fixed term position with possibility of renewal upon funding availability.
**A strong internal candidate has been identified for this position **
• Maintain and file forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs.
• Prepare correspondence, and documents for different studies
• Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants.
• Perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
• Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments.
• Prepare, distribute, administer and process questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry.
• Type, edit and organize data.
• Review and verify accuracy of database information and assist in making necessary corrections according to specific guidelines.
• Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of study activities. Assist with post-study activities, as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• General understanding of scientific theory and methods.
• General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs.
• Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
• Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with human study participants
Certifications and Licenses:
• Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
• Occasionally stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, writing by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.
• Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl, rarely reach/work above shoulders, and operates foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
• May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
• May be required to work non-standard, extended or weekend hours in support of research work.
• Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
• Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
• Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
Rehabilitation Specialist (Part Time) Physical Therapy, Henry M. Jackson Foundation, United States, about 22 hours ago
Description Join the HJF Team! HJF is seeking a Rehabilitation Specialist (Part-Time) to support Blood Flow Restriction Study in the Physical Therapy Department located at the Blanchfield Army Com...
Graduate Admissions Counselor, Northeastern University, United States, 5 days ago
Graduate Admissions Counselor About Northeastern: Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned...
Director Of Graduate Recruitment, Northeastern University, United States, 3 days ago
Director of Graduate Recruitment About Northeastern: Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renow...
Science Program Manager Imaging, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 18 hours ago
Position Description: Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some ...
Associate Vice President For Development / Executive Director Of The Campaign, The California State University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 498766 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: January 15, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: h...
Tenure Track Position In Earth System Science, San Jose State University, Geology dept., United States, about 13 hours ago
The Department of Geology at San José State University invites applications for a tenure-track position in Earth System Science, with an emphasis on climatic change that integrates oceanography, c...