Job Classification Title: Social Science Research Professional
One year fixed term
Social Science Research Coordinator:
The Department of Psychology is looking for a full time Research Coordinator. The RC will work closely with members of the Social Learning Lab (SLL) and Stanford Social Neuroscience Lab (SSNL) to help conduct research. This is a one year fixed term position with possibility of renewal upon funding availability. The jobs will include assist with developing stimuli, protocols for experiments, data management and analysis, and managing the labs’ computing environment. The job will also include training undergraduate research assistants, and recruiting & running subjects. Methods used in the lab will include behavioral testing of child and adult participants (in-lab and online), and functional neuroimaging methods. The RA may work on separate projects across the two labs, or on joint projects.
**To be considered, please submit your most current resume and cover letter**
• Prepare correspondence, documents and reports
• Maintain and file forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs.
• Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed. Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments.
• Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
• Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of trial activities. Assist with post-study activities, as needed.
• Maintain the lab homepage and lab wiki.
• Apply formulas and calculations to research data using basic statistical programs. Review and verify accuracy of database information and assist in making necessary corrections according to specific guidelines.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education and Experience Required:
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
• Bachelor's degree in cognitive science, psychology, linguistics, computer science, or a related field.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• General understanding of scientific theory and methods.
• Some background in Statistical methods for analyzing experimental data.
• Experience with open science best practices (e.g., version control and data sharing with Git/Github; study pre-registration on Open Science Framework).
• Excellent interpersonal skills required for working with human study participants.
• Experience with or interest in running eye-tracking experiments, and analyzing eye-tracking data.
• Ability to get tasks done efficiently and independently, and to show initiative in doing so.
• Some experience with academic writing.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
• Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
• Occasionally stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, writing by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.
• Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl, rarely reach/work above shoulders, and operate foot and/or hand controls.
• Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
• Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
• Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
• May be required to work non-standard, extended or weekend hours in support of research work.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
Administrative Coordinator Bertozzi Lab, HHMI, United States, about 22 hours ago
Administrative Coordinator - Bertozzi Lab Tracking Code 1059-908 Job Description Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance biomedical research an...
Center Director, National University System, United States, 8 days ago
Position Summary: Under strategic leadership, operate and manage a small center in proximity to a large academic center. Recruit, admit and grow daily operations and facilitates special projects....
Cloud Principal Ui Engineer, University of Toronto, United States, 3 days ago
Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations ...
Community Education Specialist 3 (Santa Clara), University of California, United States, about 13 hours ago
County Location : Santa Clara County Date Posted: June 27, 2019 Closing Date: July 25, 2019 Under the general direction of the Santa Clara County 4-H Youth Development Advisor, the Community Educa...
Research Scientist / Applied Scientist, Amazon AI, United States, about 1 hour ago
Interested in working on machine learning, deep learning in an industry research setting? The Signal and Audio Processing team at Amazon Web Services is looking for Research Scientists / Applied S...