Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Social Media and Digital Content Specialist at Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University creates robust digital content and manages social media interaction to inform, engage with, serve and support Winship’s constituents, reach new audiences, increase brand awareness, enhance and protect online reputation, promote programs and expertise, and advance Winship’s goals, messages and lifesaving mission. A member of the communications team at Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University and reporting to the Senior Manager of Web and Digital Initiatives, the Social Media and Digital Content Specialist will plan and execute organic and paid content on appropriate channels to increase awareness and engagement among target audiences. This role also partners with Winship communications colleagues to complement and support Winship’s overall marketing, public relations and communications strategy.
- Manages the digital initiative function for a school, department, center, institute, or unit and works in conjunction with communications and marketing teams to create, package and promote engaging and relevant content via the Internet that publicizes the entity's, Emory University's, and Emory Healthcare's leadership presence to the world.
- Administers the website and social media function for the division through extensive consultation, training and collaboration with web and social media professionals across Emory University and Emory Healthcare.
- Executes and oversees strategy for development and long-term maintenance of the entity's website.
- Assists in development and translation of strategic plans into executable Web tactics.
- Provides project management for web development projects.
- Develops dynamic Web site and social media content requiring scripting.
- Compiles and analyzes reports on Web traffic, social media activity, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) performance.
- Manages social media campaigns and related daily activities, including the entity's presence in social and community networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Serves as an advocate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where applicable.
- Manages online media outreach and viral campaigns to that increases awareness and/or drive traffic to the entity's web site.
- Benchmarks impact of website initiatives and social media programs, and analyzes, reviews, and reports on effectiveness of campaigns to leadership and marketing and communications teams so as to leverage such information into actionable strategies.
- Monitors trends in website and social media tools and applications, and applies such knowledge to increasing the use of social media within the entity.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- May supervise other staff or interns.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field and two years of relevant work experience in marketing, communications, or public relations, including work in social media and web development.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Thorough grasp of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, blogs and other social media forums, and working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite required. Understanding of Photoshop, FinalCut Pro, Cascade Content Management System (or alternate), InDesign, blogging software, SEO and SEM techniques, and Google Analytics required.
- Excellent computer and written communication skills.
- Prior supervisory experience
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Communications Specialist, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 31 minutes ago
Communications Specialist Med-Computational and Systems Biology - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008735) The Department of Computational & Systems Biology (CSB) at the University of Pittsburgh Schoo...
Web Content Specialist, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 1 day ago
Web Content Specialist Nurs-Student Affairs and Alumni Relations - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008409) Bachelor's degree required. Preferred areas include: cybersecurity, web design, information ...
Marketing & Communications Specialist , Columbia University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Regular/Temporary: Regular Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: $75,000 to $85,000 The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety ...
Creative Designer (Gai), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Job Description The NUS Global Asia Institute (GAI) is looking for a full-time Creative Designer to lead the creative design and branding process for various research projects. The candidate will ...
International Content Coordinator (Mandarin Speaking), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Are you a Mandarin speaker, looking for the opportunity to develop your content skills at a prestigious university, working on a range of exciting marketing-based projects? Do you have either pers...
Marketing Campaigns Officer Internal Only, King's College London, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Job id: 079725. Salary: £37,332 - £42,099 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance. Posted: 30 November 2023. Closing date: 06 December 2023. Business unit: External Relations. Department:...