Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Services in the Office of Marketing & Strategy at Harvard’s Division of Continuing Education (DCE), the Social Media Manager serves as a key member of the Marketing Services team focusing on developing social media engagement initiatives that support an integrated brand strategy. This role is responsible for developing and executing the social media strategy to support the pillars of DCE, including Harvard Summer School, Harvard Extension School, DCE’s Professional Development Programs, and the Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement.
In partnership with the Director of Marketing Services and Brand Marketing Directors, the Social Media Manager is expected to play a critical role in achieving ambitious DCE-wide growth goals. A successful candidate will be a digital-savvy marketing professional, with a passion for creating engaging, measurable online marketing campaigns that align priorities across segments and products.
- Create an engaging and measurable integrated social media strategy to support the Division’s growth goals
- Write social media posts that adhere to the Division’s voice and tone guidelines
- Produce multimedia assets for social media, including short videos, photos, and graphics
- Perform social listening on an ongoing basis, identifying opportunities for engagement and triaging posts or comments for colleagues as appropriate
- Oversee and manage a social media content calendar to ensure consistent and timely dissemination of content
- Liaise with colleagues across the Division to gather stories and content in support of social media strategy
- Develop and nurture engaging social media communities to serve the organization’s loyalty and advocacy goals
- Train and support marketing strategy leads and other colleagues on social media best practices
- Manage video content across YouTube accounts, ensuring content is adherence to accessibility guidelines and is current/relevant (governance) and findable on the channel
- Serve as a key contributor to the content planning process, participating in content strategy discussions and planning/production meetings
- Collaborate with the Division of Continuing Education PR team and the Alumni team to develop engagement campaigns and promote news, stories, or events
- Stay current on developments in social media marketing to help position DCE as a leader among its peers
- Provide social media coverage at select events that may occur outside of standard office hours
- Generate reports and provide data-driven insights on the division’s social media presence using tools such as Google Analytics, SproutSocial, Facebook Pixel, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Familiarity managing social media platforms for a business
- Experience in virtual and in-person events preferred
- Outstanding project management skills and the ability/flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience collaborating across a team and bringing projects to fruition
- Professional in manner
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a diverse set of stakeholders and a demanding global clientele
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow-through; Ability to multi-task; Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible when facing unknown situations
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to occasionally work long hours during the run-up to programs and program execution
- Willingness to occasionally travel, primarily local
- Willingness to work a flexible and hybrid schedule dictated by scheduled programs
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere and/or Photoshop) and social video production tools preferred.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
This position will be based in Cambridge, MA. DCE is currently trialing hybrid workplace models with a minimum of 2 days per week on campus. DCE may adjust these as necessary or appropriate.
The Faculty of Arts and Sciences will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
A cover letter is highly encouraged for consideration.
The Division of Continuing Education (DCE) comprises several entities serving about 30,000 students annually. The Harvard Extension School, the Harvard Summer School, the Harvard Professional Development Programs and the Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement allow Harvard to serve the learning needs of students across their life. For more than a century, Harvard Extension School has made Harvard faculty and teaching accessible to a diverse community of local, national, and international students. Harvard Extension School enrolls approximately 17,000 students per year in approximately 46 graduate and undergraduate liberal arts and professional fields. More than 1,500 open enrollment courses are offered year-round with over 600 available online are offered at affordable prices to our communities across the world. Harvard Summer School offers approximately 450 courses on the Harvard Campus to 11,000 secondary school, college and adult learners and more than 30 international study abroad programs for up to 600 students each summer. The Division also includes the Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement with approximately 550 active members and Harvard Professional Development Programs offering nearly 100 short noncredit programs to more than 3,000 participants annually.
All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources.
We invite you to visit Harvard’s Total Rewards website to learn more about our outstanding benefits package, which may include:
- Paid Time Off: 3-4 weeks of accrued vacation time per year (3 weeks for support staff and 4 weeks for administrative/professional staff), 12 accrued sick days per year, 12.5 holidays plus a Winter Recess in December/January, 3 personal days per year (prorated based on date of hire), and up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents who are primary care givers.
- Health and Welfare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance programs, along with voluntary benefits. Most coverage begins as of your start date.
- Work/Life and Wellness: Child and elder/adult care resources including on campus childcare centers, Employee Assistance Program, and wellness programs related to stress management, nutrition, meditation, and more.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with contributions from 5% to 15% of eligible compensation, based on age and earnings with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive program including $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and reduced tuition through other participating Harvard graduate schools.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Program that provides 75% to 90% reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible courses taken at other accredited institutions.
- Professional Development: Programs and classes at little or no cost, including through the Harvard Center for Workplace Development and LinkedIn Learning.
- Commuting and Transportation: Various commuter options handled through the Parking Office, including discounted parking, half-priced public transportation passes and pre-tax transit passes, biking benefits, and more.
- Harvard Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks: Access to Harvard athletic and fitness facilities, libraries, campus events, credit union, and more, as well as discounts to various types of services (legal, financial, etc.) and cultural and leisure activities throughout metro-Boston.
Department Office Location
USA - MA - Cambridge
CM0756 Digital Content Producer II
Hybrid (partially on-site, partially remote)
Division of Continuing Education
Division of Continuing Education
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Social Media Specialist, Senior (Hybrid) Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, United States, 3 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Assistant Professor, Department Of Immunology, Harvard Medical School, Vanderbilt University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Posted by hagansa2 on Tuesday, August 29, 2023 in Job Opportunities . The Department of Immunology at Harvard Medical School invites applications for a tenure- track positio...
Communications Advisor At Bergen Centre For Ethics And Priority Setting In Health (Bceps), University of Bergen, Norway, 2 days ago
Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care Communications Advisor at Bergen Centre for Ethics and Priority Setting in Health (BCEPS) Apply for this job See advertisement Knowledge that sh...
Program Officer Sustainability, McGill University, Canada, 5 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Content Producer, Deakin University, Australia, 18 days ago
Apply now Job no:544870 Work type:Full-time Location:Flexible Categories:Marketing and Communications Content Producer Explore our university's story through captivating content. Engaging videos, ...
International Engagement Officer , Radboud University, Netherlands, 15 days ago
Employment 0.6 FTE Gross monthly salary € 3,377 - € 4,640 Required background University of Applied Sciences Degree Organizational unit Nijmegen School of Management Application deadline 17 Septem...