Social Media Specialist
Reporting to the senior social media manager, this position is responsible for managing engagement for Arizona State University's flagship brand social media accounts. This role manages the day-to-day in-platform experience of ASU’s social media audiences by curating user-generated content for amplification and interacting directly with audiences via comments and messages. Behind the scenes, the audience engagement specialist assists with original content creation, performance monitoring, reporting and live coverage.
Marketing & Media Relations
Enterprise Brand Strtgy & Mgmt
Enterprise Marketing Hub
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$52,000 - $60,000 per year; DOE
- Act as the voice of the ASU brand across social media channels, engaging with our community and fostering a connection to the brand.
- Represent brand voice and adhere to ASU’s brand standards.
- Proactively drive user-generated content.
- Monitor user-generated content (from both internal and external sources) and identify opportunities to incorporate them into content programming and calendar
- Maintain knowledge of ASU’s services, programs and announcements to drive engaging communication with commenters and respond to audience inquiries. Identify popular culture and consumer trends and incorporate them into brand content and communications as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to engage with other ASU units and social accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Monitors mentions, brand reputation and sentiment across platforms and reports as necessary to the greater team.
- Execute identified organic social media strategies across channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and Twitter).
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the brand team’s student social media employees.
- Support and implement actionable plans to grow engagement and followers on primary channels.
- Apply learnings from analytics and insights to content planning efforts.
- Help execute brand partnerships and events on a campaign basis.
Additional duties shared amongst the ASU brand social team include:
- Acts as a backup when team coverage is needed.
- Stays abreast of, and adheres to, best practices for social media, including accessibility for social media.
- Tracks and moves deliverables through Wrike and Airtable as needed.
- Reviews reports on performance for all @ASU social media content to make any necessary adjustments or suggestions.
- Stays informed of platform changes and informs the team of recommended strategy shifts accordingly.
- Is responsible for identifying, growing, developing and engaging key audiences.
- Builds relationships with ASU’s social media communicators, Media Relations and Strategic Communications team and others on ASU campuses to extend local, national and global reach.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, IT, Finance, Marketing or related field and two years of related experience OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media best practices.
- Experience writing for social media audiences for a brand.
- Experience engaging with social media audiences on behalf of a brand.
- Demonstrated ability to research and identify trends and find opportunities to develop unique and engaging tactics to grow and engage an audience in social media.
- Experience with optimizing social deliverables and analyzing their performance.
- Experience in social media analytical tools and assessment of outcomes.
- Experience in exercising a high degree of judgment and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated strong copywriting and editing skills with the ability to craft engaging, accurate, and brand-aligned copy. (ASU follows AP style).
- Experience creating assets for social media platforms.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with creatives and project managers to ensure the successful implementation of individual posts and campaigns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public relations and communication principles, practices and procedures.
- A sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks against tight deadlines.
- Resourceful, well-organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail-oriented.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with diverse collaborators.
- An effective communicator and presenter.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding and adoption of interactive media, tools and technologies; Hootsuite, Slack and Airtable experience preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite for photography and design (such as Adobe Express, Photoshop and Premiere Pro).
- Experience with Wrike or similar project management tool.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse 75 percent; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work 10 percent.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds 15 percent.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include or are subject to resolution of conflicts. May occasionally include working evenings, holidays and weekends.
Enterprise Brand Strategy and Management is responsible for influencing how people around the globe think and feel about Arizona State University and its ability to positively impact our world. We work to establish, protect and differentiate the ASU brand in hearts and minds by working in concert with units across the ASU public enterprise. We are brand innovators, emotional storytellers, insights-driven strategists and creative artists building a body of work that brings the ASU brand to life and scales for enterprise-wide use. We are dedicated to increasing the strength of the ASU brand by improving perceptions of excellence, raising awareness and increasing pride across all audiences.
We do this important work by staying true to our values:
- Collaboration. We cannot and do not work in silos. We collaborate not just within the Brand team but with colleagues and teams across the ASU enterprise. Through the brand platform, brand standards and personal relationship building, we are uniters and network orchestrators.
- Creativity.We are passionate creatives excited by the work we do. We explore things from all angles, sweat the details and seek to create work that has meaning and is authentic, original, best in class and world renowned.
- Inclusion. Our work is made stronger by a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We genuinely care about each other’s well being and strive to create a culture in which all people feel welcomed, valued and that they belong.
- Innovation. We reject the status quo. We are open to new ideas and embrace change not for the sake of change, but because we believe everything we do can always be done better to meet new goals, improve performance and advance the brand.
- Knowledge. We ask lots of questions and make decisions based on data and insights. We seek to understand our audiences and the performance of our work. We are curious lifelong learners.
- Optimism. When change comes, we see within it opportunity. We believe in the ASU Charter and in ASU’s ability to positively impact our world. We channel that optimism in our work, taking on any and every challenge with a can-do attitude.
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits, healthcare, retirement,tuition reduction
program (eligible ASU Employee, their dependents and spouse), financial security, discounts, family resources and more. Explore ASU’sbenefits options
anddegree program offerings
Estimate the value of your total compensation: https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator .
Brand Strategy and Management at ASU supports hybrid remote work schedules two days per week, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
To learn more about us, visit brandguide.asu.edu .
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Must be eligible to work in the US. The EBSM does not sponsor visas.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Social Media & Community Specialist/Senior Specialist (Executive/Senior Executive), SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Short Description As part of the Integrated Comms & Marketing team, you will delight, excite and expand our digital community to build the SUSS brand. Besides helming end-to-end social media to we...
Officer, Public Policy Hub Communication, The Public Policy Hub, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 1 day ago
Reports to: Principal Investigator & Director, Public Policy Hub Purpose : The job holder should work under the framework of the school’s communications strategy. He/ she should support the schoo...
Associate Director, Bus Marketing Communication, School Of Business, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 1 day ago
Reports to: Senior Director for External Relations Purpose: The job holder is responsible for enhancing awareness of the school's impact, programs and centers locally and internationally, and pr...
Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions), The University of Arizona, United States, 1 day ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions) United States | req13741 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions) ...
Senior Public Relations Manager, SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Short Description This position will work closely with the Director to refine and strengthen our communications infrastructure to protect our University’s reputation, market positioning and growth...
Head Of The Communication Department , European Space Agency, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified cand...