Small Business Development Center
Job Posting Title
Small Business Consultant - Western Kansas
Position Description: The Small Business Consultant is a critical member of the Kansas Small Business Development Center (Kansas SBDC) team that is responsible for providing financial and managerial counseling, advising, and training to existing small businesses and entrepreneurs. This position should be located in any of the following counties: Cheyenne, Rawlins, Decatur, Sherman, Thomas, Sheridan, Wallace, Logan, or Gove. Position could be located in either Norton, Graham, or Trego counties. Selected candidate will office-from-home and receive reimbursement for business related travel and communications expenses. Position requires a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Accounting, or a related field
- Three to five years of related, professional experience in at least three of the following areas: developing business plans, developing loan packages, accounting, teaching, economic development, B2B Sales, management consulting, business ownership, marketing, management, or finance
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Mature judgement and ability to work constructively with others, sometimes with difficult people
- Maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance
- Attention to detail and performs duties well under pressure
- Must have reliable vehicular transportation and be able to drive to meeting locations, sometimes overnight. Must be able to travel infrequently out of state.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and enterprise systems (CRM, ERP, SharePoint, Workday, Neoserra, QuickBooks, Zoho, Thryv, etc.) at a high degree of proficiency
- MBA/Master’s degree or higher
- 3-5 years of experience in a management position
- Entrepreneur who has started and successfully exited a small business
- Experience with small business environment, Small Business Development Centers, or University setting
- Certified QuickBooks Instructor or ability to become certified in first 6 months
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019. Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Provides timely and professional advisory/counselling/consulting for assigned clients.
- Conducts small business training for clients and pre-clients.
- Observe budget, finance, travel, purchasing (including P-card), and all reporting activities in accordance with Federal, State, department, and University guidelines.
- Communicates with clients, students, University staff, and senior representatives at state and federal agencies on a routine basis, often regarding confidential issues.
- Prepares timely and detailed activity reports.
- Coordinates, develops, compiles, drafts, reviews, and makes ready for Directors signature/approval a variety of electronic and paper-based reports and documents.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Search Committee Chair
ABOUT HAYS, KS
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.
Kap Lecturer, University of Kansas, United States, about 7 hours ago
16297BR Mathematics Position Overview The Department of Mathematics of the University of Kansas invites qualified instructors with a record of excellence in teaching introductory mathematics cours...
Interventional Cardiologist, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 5 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Interventional Cardiologist Classification Title Assistant Professor Position Number 01203627 Hours Per Week 40 Department Cardiovascular Medicin...
Logistics Specialist, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 5 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Logistics Specialist Classification Title Administrative Associate Position Number J0084898 Hours Per Week 40 Department University Dock Operatio...
Pt Faculty Bsn, Grantham University, United States, 7 days ago
Make an Impact?Our faculty in the College of Nursing & Allied Health are industry professionals with real-world experience bringing courses to life. Faculty help our students prepare as healthcare...
Safety & Security Officer I, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 5 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Safety & Security Officer I Classification Title Safety & Security Officer Position Number 01200322 Hours Per Week 40 Department Medical Center P...
Animal Science Worker Cage Wash, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 5 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Animal Science Worker - Cage Wash Classification Title Animal Science Worker Position Number J0137925 Hours Per Week 40 Department Lab Animal Res...