The Operations Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Health Science Center. This person will oversee the preparation, maintenance, inventory and operation of all simulation and classroom equipment/supplies. The Operations Manager will partner with faculty and staff to ensure efficient and effective building operations, adhering to building and program policies, best practices and all safety measures.
- Leading strategic operations and initiatives
- Ensuring integrated staff operations and processes
- Identifying and implementing synergies and a sustainable organizational structure that promotes collaboration and excellence in teaching, learning and research
- Provides oversight in the development and implementation of center policies
- Participates in the development of a mission aligned strategic plan grounded in marketing, communication and sustainability
- Oversees the use and operations of the building including classroom, simulation and laboratory spaces for the promotion of high efficiency and optimal use
- Utilizes a centralized staffing and scheduling model to optimize efficiencies
- Analyzes processes, work operations, quality records and other records to support process enhancement and improvement
- Collaborates with education leaders to support innovative strategies
- Solicits feedback from key stakeholders to ensure process improvement occur and building efficiency is maintained
- Promotes the external positioning of the Health Science Center
- Promotes and maintains community relationships through program development and community partnerships
- Master’s Degree or higher in a healthcare or leadership discipline
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Two or more years of experience in Operations Management
- Experience with technology and/or computer hardware or software and the ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated track record of developing and sustaining programs that support and accomplish the strategic initiatives of an organization
- Healthcare simulation experience
- Working knowledge related to programming and operation of healthcare simulation equipment (simulators, task trainers, AV equipment) from a variety of vendors (CAE, Laerdal, Gaumard)
- Working knowledge of Standardized Patient methodology and programmatic operations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources practices, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits.
Skill in communicating in a clear and concise manner
Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 0 -25%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-25 %
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
Director Of Operations, Finance And Business Administration (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, about 19 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Director of Operations, Finance and Business Administration (College of Medicine-Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req5258 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Direct...
Assistant To The Dean, Administrative Support Manager I (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, about 7 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Assistant to the Dean, Administrative Support Manager I (College of Medicine-Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req5276 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Assistant ...
Sr. Manager, Accreditation & Regulatory Compliance, University of Phoenix, United States, about 3 hours ago
Overview Are you searching for a rewarding. fulfilling position that offers challenging work and the ability to make a big impact while working side-by-side with a team of fun, innovative people? ...
Medical Education Program Professional Iii, Simulation Center (Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 8 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Medical Education Program Professional III, Simulation Center (Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req5190 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Medical Education Progra...
Instructional Technology Professional Ii, Simulation Support Technician (Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 15 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Instructional Technology Professional II, Simulation Support Technician (Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req5078 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Instructional ...
Sr. Director, Prospect Experience Architect, University of Phoenix, United States, 16 days ago
Overview Are you searching for a rewarding, fulfilling position that offers challenging work and the ability to make a big impact while working side-by-side with a team of fun, innovative people? ...