|Job Title:||Senior Vice President for University Operations|
|Campus:||Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ|
|Hiring Manager:||Robert Holyer, PhD Executive Search Consultant AGB Search|
|Hiring Manager Title:||Executive Search Consultant AGB Search--robert.holyer@agbsearch .com|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Months Worked:||12 Month|
The Senior Vice President for University Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the two New Jersey campuses. The Senior Vice President for University Operations reports directly to the President, is a member of the President’s Cabinet, and participates with senior management in the development of institutional policy.
In addition to overseeing day-to-day operations of the two campuses, the Senior Vice President for University Operations will be a prime mover and leader in planning, prioritizing, and executing structural changes throughout the University, working in close collaboration with other senior management. The University is committed to continual review and improvement of its organization and operations to meet the many challenges facing higher education institutions throughout the region, and the Senior Vice President for University Operations will play an active and proactive role in these initiatives.
The Senior Vice President for University Operations, in consultation with other senior management, is responsible for developing the campus administrative budgets and supporting campus-wide policies and procedures for select student and administrative support services. In addition, the Senior Vice President for University Operations is charged with the responsibility of advancing the campus missions within the context of the University’s mission.
The Senior Vice President for University Operations provides overall supervision to a number of campus-based student support units and administrative departments to ensure they are functioning effectively and efficiently, and in accordance with University policy and procedures. The primary administrative direct report areas to the Senior Vice President for University Operations include Facilities and Auxiliary Services, Student Affairs, Athletics, Student Counseling and Health Services, Academic and Disability Support Services, and Public Safety, as well as units that report to these areas.
1. Extensive experience in higher education administration at the level of a senior campus operating officer, a senior campus executive, or other senior executive; experience in a multiple campus environment is desirable.
2. A master’s degree is required and a terminal degree is preferred.
3. A demonstrated record of administrative service and leadership, including experience in successfully leading organizational change.
4. Extensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of higher education administration, including academic and administrative operations.
5. Experience in the development and oversight of a substantial budget.
6. Demonstrated ability to provide organizational leadership and a commitment to working in an inclusive, diverse and fully participative organizational culture.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with faculty, students, families, administrative and professional staff, as well as with members of the Board of Trustees, alumni, and members of the University community.
8. Demonstrated experience in emergency response protocols and crisis management is preferred.
9. The ability to participate in weekend and evening activities.
10. A valid driver’s license and accessibility to transportation for travel between campuses and to off-site locations.
11. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing a background check and produce a Social Security Card.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||
Fully Detailed Profile of this Position at
|Application Types Accepted:||Application for Employment|
Senior Director, Building/Life Safety And Compliance, New York University, United States, 15 days ago
Reporting to the Vice President, the Senior Director, Building/Life Safety and Compliance serves as the Capital Projects & Facilities division's chief safety and compliance officer for environment...
Assistant To Executive Director And Chief Of Staff, Columbia University, United States, 22 days ago
Position Summary THIS IS A TEMPORARY TWO MONTH POSITION WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION. Reporting to the Executive Director and Chief of Staff of the Earth Institute, the Assistant oversees the...
Head Of Marketing And Sales In The Executive Education Department, Columbia University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Bargaining Unit: Regular/Temporary: Regular End Date if Temporary: Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: Commensurate with experience Position Summary The Head of Ma...
Assistant Director, Columbia University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Summary Under the leadership of the Director, the Assistant Director manages several initiatives and provides support for the University-wide Office for Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA). OPA, w...
Coordinator, Student Life, Columbia University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Bargaining Unit: Regular/Temporary: Regular End Date if Temporary: Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: Position Summary The Coordinator, Student Life will serve as...
Associate Athletics Director For Compliance, Columbia University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Summary The Associate Athletics Director for Compliance leads the athletics compliance function and directs and coordinates the institution’s efforts to comply with and monitor all NCAA a...