*Updated 9/25/2020*: At this time, this position is actively recruiting and accepting applications.
Provide custodial and specialized cleaning support to cover vacancies and supplement work crews anywhere on campus. Work independently under limited or indirect supervision; may work in restricted access areas that require highly specialized procedures, training or certification. Respond to customer needs and requests, often relying on personal judgment and application of previous experience and knowledge of established practices and procedures. Respond to emergency calls and assist with snow and ice removal.
- Eighteen months of custodial experience with three years total work experience
- Must have completed Building Services Custodial Development Program, or be enrolled in program within 90 days of hire
- Ability to supervise and train small (3 – 10) groups
- Ability to read, write and speak English; must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor, co-workers, and customers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematics and effectively communicate via a computer
- Good work organization ability
- Knowledge of policies and procedures regarding building maintenance and security
- Working knowledge of power and non-powered floor care equipment
- Personal protective equipment will be required during specific work duties as determined by the department
- Ability to lift and carry 25-50 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally required
- Ability to work efficiently and professionally in a fast paced and diverse team setting
- Will work outdoors 10% of the time in temperatures below 32 degrees or above 90 degrees
- A valid US or Canadian driver's license
- High school diploma/GED
- One year of supervision experience
- Knowledge of campus buildings and locations
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- The hours for this position are Monday through Friday; 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- This position may require mandatory overtime to support the business need
- This position is considered “essential personnel” in support of campus operations
- This position requires availability for 24-hour call-back
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Office Coordinator Chancellor's Office, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 15 days ago
Provide administrative support to the Chancellor and Assistant Director of Administration. Coordinate and supervise high-profile events, receptions and meetings sponsored by the Chancellor's Offic...