Requisition # HRC0348390BApply Now
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We offer an outstanding benefit package and competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
The Senior Tax Accountant will prepare:
- Tax-exempt federal and state returns for the organization and its affiliates.
- For-profit federal and state returns.
- Property tax and welfare exemption returns.
- Sales and use tax returns.
- Business tax and parking tax returns.
- Research complex tax issues.
- Coordinate and communicate with various taxing authorities and auditors.
- Prepare Statements of Information for the organization and its affiliates.
- Prepare filing renewals with the LA County Registrar/Recorder office.
- Provide expert advice and assistance as needed to various Health System departments and affiliates.
- Reconcile G/L Accounts associated with taxes and licenses and resolve any discrepancies. Prepare monthly journal entries and adjusting journal entries.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in tax reporting/accounting, preparation, or consultation required.
- A minimum of 3 years recent public accounting experience required. CPA strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of tax laws and tax principles.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding self-review skills required.
- Self-starter who works well independently and with the team.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills including excellent spelling and grammar.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software, tax software, and Microsoft Office
- Working Title: Senior Tax Accountant
- Department: Tax Department
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Finance
- Job Specialty: Accounting
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
Parking Enforcement Officer, University of Southern California, United States, 27 days ago
USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who ...
Licensing Compliance Manager, City of Hope, United States, 7 days ago
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life...
Director Of University Archives & Special Collections, The California State University, United States, 5 days ago
Campus: Fullerton Job ID: 499819 Job Title: Discipline: Librarian Appointment Type: Tenure-Track Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 13, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Fac...
Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack), University of Southern California, United States, 26 days ago
The University of Southern California’s (USC’s) Information Technology Services is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join its team...
Buyer Iii, University of Southern California, United States, 7 days ago
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you wi...
Part Time Instructor: Media Audiences, New York University, United States, 2 days ago
Part-time Instructor: Media Audiences New York University: Global Programs: NYU Los Angeles Location Los Angeles, California Open Date Apr 12, 2021 Deadline May 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time D...