Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
The Office of Defense Coordination (ODC) has an opening for a Senior Staff Member responsible for leading the coordination and facilitation of key Laboratory-wide national security activities in collaboration with the Laboratory Director and senior Laboratory management. You will assist the ODC Director as the primary Laboratory interface to the United States Air Force.
This position will be in the Office of Defense Coordination in the Director’s Office.
This position will be filled at either the SES.4 or SES.5 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Lead ODC efforts to foster and strengthen the Laboratory’s close relationship with the U.S. Air Force as the primary customer for LLNL’s nuclear deterrence mission.
- Collaborate with the ODC Director and other staff to enhance Laboratory contributions to defense and national security, to advance technologies and deeper understanding of their defense implications, and to foster and facilitate cooperative activities across the Laboratory;
- Work closely with the ODC Director and Laboratory senior personnel in effectively meeting the Lab’s responsibilities to key stakeholders, with focus on the Department of Defense(DOD) and the U.S. Air Force;
- Represent the ODC Director and LLNL senior leadership, internally and externally, across a broad range of defense-related activities, and provide advice, direction and support on projects with national security impact;
- Develop relationships and opportunities to better serve other key DOD constituencies, specifically Combatant Commands with potential nuclear requirements such as: US Indo-Pacific, European, Central, and Special Operations Commands;
- Manage visits with senior DOD officials;
- Support USSTRATCOM by serving in a senior staff position supporting its Strategic Advisory Group and/or panels;
- Manage the approval process of all Laboratory-wide visits and assignments of sensitive country foreign nationals and the approvals of all Laboratory-wide foreign travel to sensitive countries by employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the SES.5 Level
- Act as LLNL’s advocate for strategic technical decisions made by Laboratory senior management and external stakeholders. Evaluate laboratory technical solutions and advise senior laboratory leadership and program managers on their potential employment and integration into nuclear policy, strategy, employment guidance, contingency plans, force structure, and stockpile. Present findings and recommendations to senior personnel at LLNL, DOE, NNSA, USSTRATCOM, and DoD.
- Bachelor’s degree in the physical sciences, engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and extensive related experience.
- Proven military or civilian DOD background in a leadership role.
- Extensive experience assessing the interplay and complexities among nuclear weapons, conventional weapons, cyber and space threats to national security;
- Expert level understanding of DOD military operations;
- Extensive experience working with DOD leadership and the national defense community;
- Success supporting organizational direction, priorities and delivering on objectives;
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal, necessary to effectively explain, present, negotiate, advise, collaborate and influence all levels internal and external to the Laboratory.
In addition at the SES.5 Level
-Extensive experience in applying, leading and/or developing cutting-edge principles, and technologies.
-Extensive experience planning the integration and implementation of new programs and/or operational best practices.
-Extensive experience working with one or more DoD components on experimental and technical studies related to national security or WMD defense programs.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Please note that your current active Q or Top Secret clearance with DOE or another agency does not guarantee DOE SCI access approval; if you are denied access, you may be subject to reinvestigation of your existing Q or Top Secret clearance.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. Position may be matrixed to ODC.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associate Vice President, Curriculum Services, Broward College, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Profile Summary Under general direction, this position provides effective leadership and oversight for the overall management of Curriculum Services. Serves as the administrative liaison betwe...
Custodian, Senior, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 20 hours ago
Requisition Number: 32658 Job Title: CUSTODIAN, SENIOR Working Title: Senior Custodian - Career Salary: $17.30 - $22.36 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 3425-CUSTODIAL MAINTENANCE & GROUND...
Laboratory Assistant Ii, University of Carlifornia, United States, 3 days ago
Requisition Number: 32673 Job Title: LABORATORY ASSISTANT II Working Title: Lab Manager Salary: $19.38 - $22.79 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 0875-PSYCHOLOGY Department Website URL: htt...
Public Administration Analyst, Senior, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 20 hours ago
Requisition Number: 32689 Job Title: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION ANALYST, SENIOR Working Title: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION ANALYST, SENIOR Salary: 4842-9591 Job Type: Career Department Name: 1918-CNTR FOR HE...
Academic Program Coordinator Emeryville Campus, Alliant International University, United States, about 3 hours ago
About Alliant International University: Alliant International University's mission is to provide students with the highest quality of education through innovation in scholarship, applied training ...
Administrative Analyst, Senior, University of Carlifornia, United States, 3 days ago
Requisition Number: 32670 Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST, SENIOR Working Title: Contracts & Grants Manager Salary: $4,842 - $9,591 monthly Job Type: Career Department Name: 1010-MATHEMATICS Dep...