GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Senior Software Engineer functions in all phases of applications development. This position is responsible for the analysis of user needs, software and database design, programming and life cycle development of all business and clinical applications. The Senior Software Engineer will work with other engineers in the design and development of software applications that support the demands of UMMS academic, research and business needs. They may also manage the evaluation and research of 3rd party software and conduct feasibility studies to determine appropriate solutions. Performs duties in a manner consistent with a complex, diverse, dynamic hardware and software environment and serves a complex medical/education community. This position requires an experienced developer that is in touch with new trends and is very familiar with rapid development. The position requires individuals to be detail oriented, organized, independent, responsible and accountable.
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to Software Engineers including input to code reviews, training and developing staff,
- Perform problem analysis and IT software consultation with Customers.
- Lead Agile/ITIL/SDLC methodology used across IT, including conducting inspections and post implementation reviews required.
- Critique and oversee the creation of detailed technical designs, code, and testing methodologies
- Work directly with the user and/or vendors to articulate and present professional software solutions.
- Assist in technical audits and implement audit recommendations
- Lead in the design, development, implementation, integration, production support, and continuous enhancement of applications to ensure reliable, integrated and stable information repositories.
- Delegate work assignments to engineering staff.
- Incorporate new development skills and expertise in present and emerging technologies by participating in formal training when possible and by independent self-teaching and tutorials.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related experience
- Advanced object-oriented/scripting analysis, design and programming skills
- Evaluate and research of 3rd party software.
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
- Advanced experience building and consuming web services
- Advanced skills in relational and non-relational database management systems, SQL coding and Object Relational Mapping tools such as Entity Framework.
- Advanced skills in modern development processes/tools and developing through the complete Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- 3-4+ years demonstrated Full-Stack experience with Microsoft technologies; .Net /ASP Core strong plus.
- Advanced skills in MVC Development and WebAPI
- Experience with AngularJS/jQuery/HTML5/Bootstrap and other front-end web technologies.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2013/2015/2017 Team System
- Demonstrated experience working with Agile/Scrum framework.
- Strong experience with relational databases, SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Triggers, ETL.
- Experience with non-relational (NoSQL) databases such as MongoDB, RedShift, DynamoDB, Cassandra etc. is a strong plus.
- Experience with cloud technologies and services; AWS preferred
- Experience Microservices Architecture and/or Serverless
- Experience in containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Open Container etc.
- Experience with Distributed Version Control systems such as GitHub or VSTS/Azure DevOps
- Experience with Open Source solutions and tools; contributions to Open Sourceprojects a strong plus.
- Knowledge of FTP and HIPAA compliant ANSI formatted EDI transactions
Web Developer, College of the Holy Cross, United States, 3 days ago
Web Developer About College of the Holy Cross: Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selectiv...
Associate Director Of Employer Engagement, Career Advisor, Clark University, United States, about 1 hour ago
University Advancement : Associate Director of Employer Engagement, Career Advisor Code: 199207 Associate Director of Employer Engagement, Career Advisor Job Code 199207 University Advancement Ful...
Executive Director, Information Technology Services Mount Wachusett Community College, Mount Wachusett Community College, United States, 21 days ago
Location: Gardner, MA Category: Administrative Posted On: Fri May 3 2019 Job Description: General Statement of Duties The Executive Director, ITS, is a self-motivated, hard-working, results ...
Associate Director For Early Career Development, Clark University, United States, about 1 hour ago
University Advancement : Associate Director for Early Career Development Code: 190101 Associate Director for Early Career Development Job Code 190101 University Advancement Full-time, 12-months; 4...
Associate Director For Early Career Development, Clark University, United States, 8 days ago
Clark University Associate Director for Early Career Development Job Code 190101 University Advancement Full-time, 12-months; 40 hours Clark University’s University Advancement Office seeks to fil...
Assistant Director, Purchasing, College of the Holy Cross, United States, 26 days ago
Assistant Director, Purchasing About College of the Holy Cross: Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. ...