American Institutes for Research (AIR) Health Services Practice Area specializes in research, evaluation, and technical assistance in the areas of patient and consumer engagement, evaluation, quality and performance measurement, delivery systems improvement, financing and cost of care, and behavioral health (i.e., substance abuse and mental health). Major clients include the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), private foundations, and state governments.
We are seeking a Senior Quantitative Researcher who can work in conjunction with a strong team of staff on several projects for federal and non-federal clients to provide analytical or statistical support on work related to health care policy, delivery, payment and outcomes.
• Apply appropriate statistical techniques to collect, organize and analyze quantitative data.
• Organize and document analytical results and research procedures.
• Communicate with the client related to analytical or statistical expertise and finding.
• Report the results and impact of AIR’s work via participation in professional meetings, advisory panels, or publishing research results in peer-reviewed publications.
• Manage or lead statistical and analytic tasks.
• Engage in business development activities, including identifying appropriate statistical and analytical methods and approaches, drafting related proposals sections, estimating hours for budgets, and expanding AIR Health’s reputation of excellence.
• Mentor junior staff on approaches to solving problems and providing positive and constructive feedback.
• Ph.D. degree with 3-5 years related experience or M.A., M.S., or M.P.H. or equivalent degree with 7-12 years related experience in health services research (health policy, management, health behavior), social science (psychology, sociology), evaluation research, or public health required.
• Technical expertise in Medicare/Medicaid claims data and quantitative research methods, including data collection and analysis methods required.
• Ability to apply advanced statistical methods and communicate effectively about these methods to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Highly proficient in Excel, SAS, SPSS and/or R, and open to learning new statistical tools as required by different projects.
• Experience with large and/or complex data files, including a variety of file types such as .dat, .xlsx, .xml, .sav, and .sas7bdat.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including the ability to lead projects and proposals is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Financial Management Analyst, Stanford University, United States, 11 days ago
Stanford University is seeking a Financial Management Analyst for the Vice Provost and Dean of Research Office to provide financial management support to the independent labs, institutes and cente...
Social Science Research Professional, Stanford University, United States, 11 days ago
The Stanford Center for Biomedical Ethics seeks a Social Science Research Professional to provide project leadership and coordination and contribute to research for projects related to Ethical, Le...
Social Science Research Professional 1, Stanford University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Settings Skip to main content Our Community Benefits & Rewards Explore Careers ☰ Jobs FAQs Search by School Search by Unit Redwood City Campus Social Science Research Professional 1 🔍 School of Me...
Financial Management Analyst, Stanford University, United States, 12 days ago
As the oldest medical school in the western United States, the Stanford School of Medicine is devoted to training tomorrow's leading physicians and scientists, conducting cutting-edge biomedical r...
Executive Director, Stanford Center On Philanthropy And Civil Society, Stanford University, United States, 11 days ago
Executive Director Stanford Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society The Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society at Stanford University (Stanford PACS ) is a research center within the School of ...
Associate Gender Integration Specialist, Stanford University, United States, 23 days ago
Stanford University is seeking an Academic Program Professional 2, titled Associate Specialist, Gender Integration, to work under the general direction of faculty or other management to develop, i...