American Institutes for Research (AIR) Health Services Practice Area specializes in research, evaluation, and technical assistance in the areas of patient and consumer engagement, evaluation, quality and performance measurement, delivery systems improvement, financing and cost of care, and behavioral health (i.e., substance abuse and mental health). Major clients include the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), private foundations, and state governments.
We are seeking a Senior Quantitative Researcher who can work in conjunction with a strong team of staff on several projects for federal and non-federal clients to provide analytical or statistical support on work related to health care policy, delivery, payment and outcomes.
• Apply appropriate statistical techniques to collect, organize and analyze quantitative data.
• Organize and document analytical results and research procedures.
• Communicate with the client related to analytical or statistical expertise and finding.
• Report the results and impact of AIR’s work via participation in professional meetings, advisory panels, or publishing research results in peer-reviewed publications.
• Manage or lead statistical and analytic tasks.
• Engage in business development activities, including identifying appropriate statistical and analytical methods and approaches, drafting related proposals sections, estimating hours for budgets, and expanding AIR Health’s reputation of excellence.
• Mentor junior staff on approaches to solving problems and providing positive and constructive feedback.
• Ph.D. degree with 3-5 years related experience or M.A., M.S., or M.P.H. or equivalent degree with 7-12 years related experience in health services research (health policy, management, health behavior), social science (psychology, sociology), evaluation research, or public health required.
• Technical expertise in Medicare/Medicaid claims data and quantitative research methods, including data collection and analysis methods required.
• Ability to apply advanced statistical methods and communicate effectively about these methods to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Highly proficient in Excel, SAS, SPSS and/or R, and open to learning new statistical tools as required by different projects.
• Experience with large and/or complex data files, including a variety of file types such as .dat, .xlsx, .xml, .sav, and .sas7bdat.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including the ability to lead projects and proposals is a plus.
Statistical Analyst, Stanford University, United States, 2 days ago
The Department of Biomedical Data Science at Stanford University is seeking a Research Data Analyst 1 to assist in research projects of developing statistical models for predicting the cancer recu...
Senior Research Analyst, Stanford University, United States, 1 day ago
One year fixed-term A cover letter and resume are required for full consideration. The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time one year fixed-te...
Senior Quality Control Analytical Scientist, Stanford University, United States, 1 day ago
Grade: K FTE: 100% Stanford Laboratory for Cell and Gene Medicine (LCGM) is seeking a Senior Quality Control Analytical Scientist (CMQCA3) to design, develop, evaluate and implement product charac...
On Core Data Analyst, Stanford University, United States, 1 day ago
OnCore Research Data Analyst 2 Stanford University is seeking a Research Data Analyst 2 to manage and analyze large amounts of information, typically technical or scientific in nature, independent...
Manager For Finance And Sponsored Research, Stanford University, United States, 5 days ago
Stanford University is seeking a Manager of Finance and Sponsored Research (Financial Analyst 3) in the Department of Medicine, Primary Care and Population Health to perform complex finance funct...
Data Analyst 2 @ 50% Fte, Stanford University, United States, 1 day ago
The Stanford Psychiatry Center for Youth Mental Health & Wellbeing is seeking Data Analyst 2 to administer and support the data systems and procedures for the groundbreaking allcove pilot program....