The Senior Program Coordinator works as part of a customer service-driven team that supports and manages the operations, logistics, and registration processes for the expanding professional development program offerings at the Division of Continuing Education.
The Senior Program Coordinator has primary responsibility for program delivery for a portfolio of programs, serving as secondary contact and liaison for faculty regarding items such as materials, their program schedule, and any operational details, as well as principal contact for program participants. The position requires significant interaction with an international audience of business people both on Harvard's campus and online, and has responsibility for conveying the Harvard brand by providing the highest level of customer service to program attendees through keen attention to detail, before, during, and post-program.
Leads Collection of Teaching Materials
- Leads day to day work projects and gives direction to coordinators
- Requests, obtains, and delivers all program teaching materials for a portfolio of programs, including cases, articles, textbooks, agendas, and slide decks.
- Sets and adheres to appropriate deadlines for receiving and distributing of materials
- Writes clear and concise communication to ensure instructors meet deadlines and materials received are appropriate for session
- Answers general instructors questions regarding program delivery
Executes Delivery of Program Materials
- Compiles participant pre-program assessment results (i.e. MBTI, EI) and coordinates with instructors to deliver results
- Uploads program materials to program-specific websites
- Relays unique program requirements and assigns tasks to delivery team, ensuring all requests are met to the instructor’s satisfaction
- Participates in review and revision of internal procedures and external documents and communication
Communication and Building Relationships with Participants
- Sets communication templates for pre-program delivery of materials and announcements.
- Writes template responses for frontline staff regarding new programs. Instructs other team members/enrollment staff on specifics of programs
- Pre-program: responds to participant questions and concerns, facilitating registration, and working with DCE Finance department to ensure smooth financial transactions; processes transfers and cancellations.
- Both pre-program and during session: develops positive relationships with participants by acting professionally, friendly, respectful, compassionate, and helpful. By listening, acknowledging, and acting on concerns, and taking an interest in a participant’s background, adding further value to the participant experience.
- Checks-in participants and ensures seamless experience throughout session, monitoring flow of participants through space with regard to breaks and meals and special instructor requests, catering, AV, HVAC, materials, etc.
- Ensures that needed supplies and equipment are available, room configurations are appropriate
- Organizes creation of participant materials with team or temps
- Troubleshoots onsite issues and emergencies as they arise
- Begins sessions with program announcements and introductions
- Updates program Canvas site with material relevant to each session (i.e. posting handouts and slides at times designated by the instructor)
- Attends technical check-ins with instructor and AV support team
- Begins and ends each session by presenting announcements to program participants
- Updates program’s Canvas site with material relevant to each session (i.e. posting handouts and slides at times designated by the instructor)
- Troubleshoots onsite issues and emergencies as they arise
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in program management, event planning/management, or customer service
- Education beyond high school plus experience in program management, event planning/management, or customer service will count toward years of experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 or more years of experience in program management, event planning/management, or customer service
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a diverse set of stakeholders and a demanding global clientele
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Must have flexibility to accommodate varying program schedules and ability to occasionally work long hours during the run-up to programs and program execution
Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/ .
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 7am-7pm, Monday-Friday.
The Faculty of Arts and Sciences will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
In order to be considered for this role, a resume and cover letter must be submitted with application.
The Division of Continuing Education (DCE) comprises several entities serving about 30,000 students annually. The Harvard Extension School, the Harvard Summer School, the Harvard Professional Development Programs and the Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement allow Harvard to serve the learning needs of students across their life. For more than a century, Harvard Extension School has made Harvard faculty and teaching accessible to a diverse community of local, national, and international students. Harvard Extension School enrolls approximately 17,000 students per year in approximately 46 graduate and undergraduate liberal arts and professional fields. More than 1,500 open enrollment courses are offered year-round with over 600 available online are offered at affordable prices to our communities across the world. Harvard Summer School offers approximately 450 courses on the Harvard Campus to 11,000 secondary school, college and adult learners and more than 30 international study abroad programs for up to 600 students each summer. The Division also includes the Harvard Institute for Learning in Retirement with approximately 550 active members and Harvard Professional Development Programs offering nearly 130 short noncredit programs to more than 3,200 participants annually.
All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
USA - MA - Cambridge
403040 Coordinator II
Division of Continuing Education
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Monday - Friday with varying hours ranging from 7am to 7pm.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tenure Track Professor In Cryosphere Studies, Harvard University, Earth and Planetary Sciences, United States, 12 days ago
The Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences (EPS) invites applications for an open faculty position in any area of cryosphere studies, including the development and application of observational p...
Program Manager, Entrepreneur Programs And Fund Management, Babson College, United States, about 16 hours ago
The Program Manager, Entrepreneur Programs and Fund Management is directly responsible for executing the development, production, and communication of Blank Center’s portfolio of events and progra...
Assistant Professor Of Innovation And Operations Management, Babson College, United States, about 23 hours ago
BABSON COLLEGE invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position as Assistant Professor of Innovation and Operations Management beginning in fall 2022. While our expectation is to appoin...
Academic Advisor, University of Massachusetts Boston, United States, about 15 hours ago
General Summary: Provides academic advising for 180-250 program participants on a yearly basis. Assists in all registration and orientation activities. Advocates for the unique needs of first-ge...
Preceptor In Physics, Department of Physics, United States, 12 days ago
Position ID:Harvard -Department of Physics -PRECEPTOR2201 [#19932] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, United States [map ] Su...
Administrative Assistant 2, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, 1 day ago
Working at MIT offers opportunities, an environment, a culture – and benefits – that just aren’t found together anywhere else. If you’re curious, motivated, want to be part of a unique community, ...