The Institutional Coordinator is responsible for support services and activities of the Creighton Phoenix residents, fellows, rotators and program coordinators at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. In addition, this role will also support the coordination of medical student rotations at the clinical training site.
Serving as the primary institutional point-person on campus for resident and medical student related matters, the site-specific institutional coordinator will be responsible of all in-rotators, residency and medical student specific meetings and events at the respective training site.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Check-in and out all visiting rotators training on the one of two major training sites. Communicates check-in and orientation expectations and instructions with incoming rotators and their home institutions.
- Develop and distribute monthly rotator reports for appropriate training site.
- Build rotation files, collect all necessary rotator application data, verify immunizations, and ensure compliance and training requirements are adhered to. Ensures all required documentation is accurate and complete in accordance with established polices and deadlines.
- Provision all rotators in appropriate network systems to ensure seamless clinical and admin functionality for learner rotations. Request badges with campus access needed for specific rotation.
- Facilitate scrub access, parking accommodations, meal stipends, electronic medical record system training (as needed).
- Conclude rotator training and departure with check-out process to ensure institution-specific items and access are closed out as appropriate.
- Serves as site-specific meeting coordinator for Alliance committees taking place on campus: room reservations, catering, attendance material preparation, etc.
- On-site coordinator support for Creighton Phoenix housestaff and student events/lectures hosted on designated institution.
- Resolves issues or questions for residents, rotators, fellows, program coordinators, students and faculty as needed to ensure training and support needs are met.
- Build relationships and represent Creighton’s commitment to excellence to internal and external partners
- Responds to inquires/data requests from on-site hospital administration related to Creighton learners on-site as needed.
- Assist program coordinators with the input of information and the upload of documentation in New Innovations as needed. Data input into other systems, as required.
- Provide institutional cross-coverage support as needed to support residents, rotators, students and staff. In addition, supports the centralized Alliance Institutional Coordinator as needed to site-specific resident needs.
- Creates efficiencies and adapts processes based on institutional changes
- Support Creighton Alliance subcommittees as needed with administrative duties including minutes, agendas, and scheduling.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of office administration experience, preferably in a healthcare and/or education setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training a progressively responsible experience that results in the specialized abilities to perform work assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize information.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments;
Management experience is a plus;
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events;
Strong interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
Ability to lead and train staff and/or students;
Knowledge of finance, accounting, and budgeting procedures;
Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports;
Ability to function effectively as a team member, while exercising independent and critical judgment;
Ability to coordinate and prioritize work with multiple and conflicting demands in a deadline-oriented environment
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Hearing: 50 – 74%
Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 0 – 24%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0 – 24 % (pound: 10 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
Animal Technician Iii (Phoenix, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 7 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Animal Technician III (Phoenix, AZ) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req5702 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Animal Technician III (Phoenix, AZ) Posting Number req5702 D...
Clinical Track Assistant/Associate/Professor With Site Coordinator Responsibilities @ Lake Havasu Campus, Arizona State University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Arizona State University, Edson College of Nursing & Health Innovation is seeking a full time, fiscal year (12-month) Clinical Assistant/Associate/Professor with workload assignment as the Site Co...
Clinical Research Coordinator Ii, Internal Medicine (Multiple Hires) (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 20 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Clinical Research Coordinator II, Internal Medicine (Multiple Hires) (College of Medicine-Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req5560 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Sear...
Medical Education Program Professional I, Standardized Patient Trainer (Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 6 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Medical Education Program Professional I, Standardized Patient Trainer (Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req5774 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Medical Educati...
Doctoral Instructor Part Time University Of Research Methodologist (Urm), University of Phoenix, United States, about 9 hours ago
Overview Are you searching for a rewarding. fulfilling position that offers challenging work and the ability to make a big impact while working side-by-side with a team of fun, innovative people? ...
Academic Programs Officer I, Doctoring Program (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 12 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Academic Programs Officer I, Doctoring Program (College of Medicine-Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req5670 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Academic Programs O...