Campus: Downtown Phoenix
Sr. Producer, Production Coord
The Senior Producer is responsible for developing broadcast and digital segments for AZPBS. Working under the direction of the Senior Director, Content Officer, the Senior Producer will be responsible for the day-to-day work utilizing a team of editors, videographers, producers and student workers.
Journalism & Mass Comm
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Depends on experience
Oversee development and production of broadcast and digital segments as assigned.
Among the responsibilities for these segments:
- Brainstorm with team members to produce content that is relevant to our community and in alignment with our public media missions and station strategic plan
- Review scripts for editorial content, clarity, grammar and culturally authentic voice
- Work with voice and on-air talent for high quality production
- Coordinate with the graphics department for look and design
- Work with editors and videographers to review each phase of development and make edit/production decisions including visuals, music, animation, and graphics
- Coordinate production shoots or zooms as needed for segment production
- Communicate with the digital media team to ensure there is a cohesive digital strategy
- Work with the underwriting team and their clients to produce compelling underwriting spots that are approved by the client, are in alignment with our brand and follow FCC guidelines
Also responsible for:
- Train and oversee interns and student workers with various aspects of production
- Work with AZPBS teams on potential future projects
- Have the ability to make rough edits to assigned projects and work within an Adobe workflow
- Other duties, as assigned
A Bachelor’s degree in Music or related field; AND three years of experience in classical music program production, including one year project management or direction experience OR, Seven years of progressively responsible experience in writing, producing and/or directing classical music broadcast program production; OR, Any equivalent combination of education, and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of broadcast production techniques; knowledge of equipment used in broadcast production
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Experience in problem-solving skills
- Experience in work that requires organizational skills
- Experience in editing or videography skills
- Experience developing stories and ideas for broadcast and digital segments
- Evidence of a Bachelor's Degree required
- Production experience required. (4 years)
Our office is located at 555 North Central Avenue, Phoenix.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Communicate to perform essential functions
- Use standard office equipment including, but not limited to computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
Arizona PBS specializes in the education of children, in-depth news and public affairs, lifelong learning, and the celebration of arts and culture — utilizing the power of noncommercial television, the Internet, educational outreach services, and community-based initiatives. Arizona PBS began broadcasting from the campus of Arizona State University on January 30, 1961. Now more than 80 percent of Arizonans receive the signal through a network of translators, cable and satellite systems. With more than 1 million viewers each week, Arizona PBS consistently ranks among the most-viewed public television stations per capita in the country. Arizonans provide more than 60 percent of the station's annual budget.
ARIZONA PBS IS COMMITTED
to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) as core values. Our goal is to build and foster a culture of transparency where unique identities and perspectives are celebrated.
ARIZONA PBS BELIEVES
all voices should be heard and acknowledged. We represent and serve Arizona by listening to our communities so we can create enriching content that educates, inspires and connects.
ARIZONA PBS VALUES
trust. We are mission focused and committed to our audience. We strive to cultivate an environment where individuals feel informed, respected and encouraged to share their stories.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Adjunct Instructor, The University of Arizona, United States, about 6 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Adjunct Instructor United States | req17853 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Adjunct Instructor Posting Number req17853 Department Sch Theatre Film & Television Depar...
The Atlas Of Italian Giallo. Media History And Popular Culture (1954 2020), Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy, 28 days ago
2 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Università degli Studi di Torino Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Researcher (R4) First Stage R...
Faculty Positions, School Of Film And Television Arts (All Ranks), XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 18 days ago
School: School of Film and Television Arts Position: Faculty Positions, School of Film and Television Arts (All Ranks) Position Information: Open Rank Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film...
Faculty Position, School Of Film And Television Arts (Open Ranks) , ;, China, 14 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Film and Television Arts Position Information: Open Rank Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV and Stream Me...
Professor, School Of Film And Television Arts, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 18 days ago
School: School of Film and Television Arts (Part of the Academy of Film and Creative Technology). Position: Professor Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV an...
Professor, School Of Film And Television Arts , ;, China, 14 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Film and Television Arts (Part of the Academy of Film and Creative Technology) Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Manage...