Marketing Content Specialist
The senior marketing copywriter is audience-centric, using words like secret weapons to cut through the clutter and get noticed. In this position, you will take on the challenges of getting people to watch a video by hooking them in the first seven seconds of your script, stopping scrolling fingers in their tracks on social media with a compelling headline and building multi-channel ads that people actually want to engage with. The Enterprise Marketing Hub is an enviable environment for any creative, with a wealth of never-ending storylines to draw from and the support of robust audience data and performance metrics.
This is your chance to put your passion and prose to work for the most innovative public university in the nation, an institution making a positive impact on the world that will inspire you.
The senior marketing copywriter works in a creative, fast-paced environment that is committed to effectively and efficiently developing best-in-class digital and print marketing communications. Under the direct supervision of the Enterprise Marketing Hub senior director of creative, this position is responsible for writing, editing and proofreading original content for ASU branded marketing materials that build perceptions of quality and excellence. The senior marketing copywriter articulates the ASU brand in creative ways that drive engagement and affinity.
Marketing & Media Relations
Enterprise Marketing Hub
Enterprise Marketing Hub
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$51,840 - $58,000 per year; DOE
11-October-2021 - EXTENDED
- Writes primarily short-form marketing copy for high-profile university communication vehicles including print ads, videos, social media, web, apps and email.
- Applies a deep understanding of ASU segmented audiences, marketing research, audience and project requirements as defined by provided creative briefs and project discussions to develop and review copy that engages ASU’s constituents.
- Ensures tone and language of writing is appropriate for channel and target audience
- Ensures compliance to AP style guidelines, ASU style guidelines, clarity and alignment with university brand standards.
- Serves as backup editor/proofreader as needed.
- Conducts extensive research for the purposes of fact checking content and ensuring accuracy.
- Utilizes best practices in SEO and writing for the web to improve performance as it relates to search performance and page engagement.
- Utilizes best practices in email content development to improve open and click through rates.
- Creates and updates training and instructional materials for the marketing and communications community, including such pieces as online brand guides, printed brand books, email brand updates and presentations.
- Works in close alignment with various Hub teams, including the design, digital, video and research and insight teams.
- Actively balances a variety of projects, prioritizes workload based on deadlines and routinely reports progress on projects through project management tools and processes.
- Proactively communicates to supervisor well in advance when deadlines are in jeopardy.
- Actively participates on internal and external workgroups and committees to advance projects and stay informed about emerging best practices.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field AND five years of content marketing, marketing communications, marketing project management or related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in writing targeted, persuasive communications and marketing materials for a variety of audiences for major brands.
- Experience creating best-in-class communications.
- Experience modifying content as needed for different channels and platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP style and applying brand standards.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Experience with problem solving, decision-making and ability to contribute in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience working as part of a team as well as independently on projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience writing for SEO.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience managing work of contracted professionals and students who provide copy writing and editing skills is preferred.
- Experience using MS Office suite, Drupal, Google Docs, Adobe InCopy, and project management systems, including Wrike preferred.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%).
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (35%). Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Regularly performs work which requires walking on uneven surfaces and exposure to external environmental conditions as part of photo shoots.
- Video and still cameras, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier.This position receives regular managerial review of objectives.
- This position provides supervision of contracted printer(s) for completion of project/program related tasks as needed.
- May need to work weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
Our office is at the 4th floor of The Centerpoint, 660 S. Mill Avenue (15-minute walk from the Tempe campus). Work will be mostly in front of a computer on a workstation but may have instances of traveling to other offices/buildings for meetings with clients.
Arizona State University has developed a new model for the American research university creating an institution that is committed to excellence, access and impact.
In order to become that model for the New American University, ASU has undergone some radical changes over the last decade. Like many universities, we have added new buildings, hired new faculty and brought in new students. But, unlike many of our peers, we have also undertaken a massive reorganization of our institution. We have torn down walls between disciplines and encouraged collaboration among diverse units. We have altered the trajectory of the university and reevaluated the role that universities play in society, in the economy and in education at all levels. We have changed the relationship between ASU and the State of Arizona.
As a result, ASU has built the first-of-it-kind Enterprise Marketing Hub. The Hub is a unique hybrid of a marketing department, agency, consultancy and “general contractor.” The 100+ person Hub is described as an all-star collection of individuals who possess a unique combination of deep knowledge, a passion for experimentation, and an unrelenting dedication towards building a highly collaborative environment where talents and ideas combine to drive new innovations. Members of the Enterprise Marketing Hub are well accomplished in their fields and contribute a high level of expertise to ASU.
The team builds rewarding relationships throughout the ASU enterprise by providing sound counsel, mentoring and dedication. In addition, The Enterprise Marketing Hub is surrounded by unique partnerships and external support that provide additional inspiration and expertise to the enterprise. Through partnerships with Coca Cola, Starbucks, Google and others, the Enterprise Marketing Hub is able to counsel and partner with its constituents to deliver first-of-its-kind marketing in the higher education sector.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
FOR PRE-SCREENING, PLEASE SUBMIT A LINK TO YOUR DIGITAL PORTFOLIO OR WRITING SAMPLES.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US. This department does not sponsor visa’s.
Senior Marketing & Administrative Assistant, Dean Of Students, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Applications are invited for a Temporary post of a Senior Marketing & Administrative Assistant within Dean of Students Multi-Campus Micro-Credentials - MC2 is a first-of-its-kind, four-year progra...
Sustainable Enterprise Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Sustainable Enterprise Manager Full time / Permanent Edinburgh Campus (any other SRUC campus considered) £32,718 - £38,492 per annum Ref: ACF/REES/051/21 SRUC is uniqu...
Lead Environmental Compliance Inspector: Arizona And California, Energy Environmental Group, United States, about 21 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyEnergy Environmental GroupLocationArizona and CaliforniaJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$1500/per week ...
Lead Designer, Central Queensland University, Australia, 7 days ago
Lead Designer Apply now » Date: 10-Nov-2021 Job Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU Rockhampton, QLD, AU Company: Central Queensland University About this Opportunity Continuing, Full Time Global Brand & ...
Assistant Director Stars Computing Corps, Temple University, United States, 10 days ago
Assistant Director - STARS Computing Corps - (21003808) Description Temple University is an R1 research institution that is committed to community engagement and teaching excellence. The universit...
Coordinator, Research, Irregular Migration, The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab’s Middle East And North Africa, School Of Business, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 1 day ago
Job Purpose: About J-PAL MENA at AUC: The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab’s Middle East and North Africa regional office is based at The American University in Cairo School of Business. J-PA...