Job TitleSenior IT Professional II
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentDivision of Information Technology
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
The Division of Information Technology provides reliable and accessible IT services to elevate and enhance Texas A&M University. We provide IT leadership to the campus community while enabling the research, education and service mission of Texas A&M. With trusted services and innovative solutions, we are changing the technology landscape on campus. To learn more about IT at Texas A&M University visit us at: https://it.tamu.edu/
What we want
The Senior IT Professional II, under general direction, provides technical leadership for multiple complex unit-level projects or operations utilizing multiple technical fields. Develops technical standards for implementing unit projects or operations. Serves as a chair or senior member of an information resource team responsible for setting technical standards and direction.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Eight years of experience in multiple technology areas such as system administration, DevOps, collaborative software development, customer support, application support, project management, database administration, system reporting, access management, system security, and/or disaster recovery
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with a diverse range of people.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Other Requirements or Other Factors (export control statement, if applicable):
Hiring restrictions in compliance with System Policy 15.02 Export Controls: Must be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or a person granted asylum or refugee status in accordance with 15 CFR, Part 762; 22 CFR §§122.5, 123.22 and 123.26; and 31 CFR § 501.601. Must be able to lift/move and carry computer equipment. Work occasional evenings and weekends.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Degree in information technology or related field.
- Experienced deploying system architectures in public cloud environments (Google, Azure, and AWS). Programming experience with at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go, PowerShell, or Bash.
- Experience using databases, particularly MySQL or MS-SQL.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Experience writing REST APIs.
- Experience consuming cloud web services (Azure, Microsoft Graph, and Google APIs in particular).
- Experience with at least one of the following automation technologies: Chef, Ansible, and/or Puppet.
- Experience, including actual pull requests, with Github or Gitlab.
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft, Linux, and Mac operating systems (Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, Windows 10, CentOS, Mac OS X).
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and OpenLDAP.
- Experience with DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with Docker, containers, and related technologies.
- Experience with Hashicorp Terraform, Packer, and Vault.
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code (using Terraform or Pulumi).
- Experience with Objectives and Key Results methodologies is highly desirable.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- ITIL Foundations
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Kubernetes on-premise and in one or more public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Advanced cross-disciplined IT skills, advanced analysis and troubleshooting/problem-solving, client relations skills, requirement assessment and analysis, project management methodology, understands context/interrelationships, and proficiency of ITIL.
- General familiarity with network protocols and theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing, etc.).
- General familiarity with principles of project management and service management framework (e.g., ITIL/ITSM).
- Customer Support and Consulting - Serves as a resource for internal and external customers. Provides technical oversight and training for conducting research of problems and the formulation of recommended solutions for customers. Assists in strategic planning for computing and communication. Develops budget plans for IT resources. Serves as a liaison to university groups or committees.
- Software/Hardware Support - Leads the design and development of systems software for multiple projects. Works independently or with vendor field engineers to resolve hardware problems. Plans and organizes the installation and maintenance of both critical and non-critical software and hardware. Ensures documentation of changes to systems software and the development of entries for a system’s support database. Plans, organizes, and controls areas of the computing environment such as production control, disaster recovery, networking, or computer operations, and initiates purchases of hardware and software upgrades.
- Professional Development - Participates in training and professional development sessions.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Director Of Contracts (100% Remote), TAMHSC, United States, 13 days ago
Job Title Director of Contracts (100% Remote) Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department SOM Finance Centralized Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Jo...
Director Of Marketing And Communication, TAMHSC, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Title Director of Marketing and Communication Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department SOM Finance Centralized Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texa...
Technologist Ii Robotics, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Title Technologist II - Robotics Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff...
Content Marketing Strategist, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Content Marketing Strategist Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Communications Group Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type St...
Program Aide, TAMHSC, United States, about 8 hours ago
Job Title Program Aide Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Environmental And Occupational Health Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas J...
Tees Research Engineer Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Title TEES Research Engineer III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff...