Systems Analyst Senior
We are looking for an outstanding individual with a focus on Integrations Engineering to help create dynamic data solutions for Arizona State University. As part of the ASU University Technology Office (UTO), you will contribute to the effective development, deployment, and management of platforms used to share data between both internal and external systems at ASU. This position will focus on the Salesforce CRM platform, allowing external data to be brought into Salesforce and existing data to be surfaced in other applications. By utilizing cutting-edge technologies such as Salesforce, MuleSoft, and AWS as well as industry standards such as relational databases and ETL solutions, this role will play a large part in allowing data to become more accessible to other areas of the university. ASU’s University Technology Office has over 500 employees, offering a variety of career paths in a high-energy working environment. The technology initiatives we’re engaged in are transformative and unprecedented in Higher Education. Consider taking the step and joining the Sun Devil family!
The Integration Development Engineer will be responsible for database query and procedure development, software analysis, design, documentation, defect resolution, and implementation of integrations and APIs, ETL tools, and associated software applications. This position will have a strong emphasis on integrating with the Salesforce CRM platform. Types of integrations range from moving data to and from the Salesforce platform utilizing various source systems within the university, as well as the maintenance of existing applications and services. The integration engineer will query data from various database tables in Peoplesoft that contain student data and create extracts and stored procedures to include this newly sourced data to allow it to be pushed into other downstream integrations and source systems such as Salesforce.
As with everyone in the UTO family, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as well as culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our UTO Positive Core.
UTO Salesforce Dev Engineering
UNIV TECHNOLOGY OFFICE
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$80,000 - $115,000 per year; DOE
- Prepares stored procedures and SQL integration packages to query, transform, and move data to various systems downstream source systems.
- Provides technical analysis to support requested modifications from business users.
- Works with team members to troubleshoot problems, research solutions, and implement fixes related to APIs and Integrations.
- Prepares, promotes, and adheres to written procedures, system specifications, programming guidelines, and other necessary documentation.
- Utilizes proficiency with instances such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or other relational databases to complete complex data integration efforts and projects.
- Works with SSIS packages, stored procedures, and SQL to access, manipulate, and move necessary data.
- Creates integrations that will move and surface data in the Salesforce CRM platform utilizing source systems such as Peoplesoft, Workday, internal applications, etc.
- Takes responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs.
- Take responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs. Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advances our UTO Affirmative Pledge.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field AND four (4) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Eight (8) years experience providing related information technology services, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
- 2+ years working with Peoplesoft
- Prior experience integrating PeopleSoft and Salesforce systems
- Proficiency in working with Peoplesoft within the Student Records Data Mart
- Proficiency in writing complex queries to retrieve data, create extracts, and stage data
- Proficiency with SQL, Stored Procedures, and relational database systems
- Proficiency with ETL tools such as SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience with integration and API development using REST and GraphQL
- Experience with Redshift, ODS, and Amazon Workspaces
- Experience with DBAmp, MuleSoft, and Salesforce
- Experience with automated unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience integrating with large enterprise applications such as PeopleSoft, Salesforce, Canvas, Workday, ServiceNow, Slack, and Jira
- Experience with code management tooling such as Git and Github
- Maintain strong technical skills in relevant integration areas such as Dataweave, JMS, JSON, XML, XQuery, and XPath
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation
UTO is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers and staff. Our work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Why join us?
Mission oriented. Everything we do is to advance ASU’s charter -- measuring who we include and how they succeed. We are staunch champions of learner success and put people first.
Flexibility. Our hybrid work environment prioritizes personal autonomy and trust around how work gets done. Staff touch base in person a few times per week with freedom to decide how, when and where.
Culture forward. We embrace a Positive Core culture: Belonging, Relational, Authentic, Visionary and Empowered. The UTO fabric weaves together diversity, equity and inclusion applied in our daily work and interactions.
Scale of impact. Our work changes the world. With 180k+ learners, faculty, researchers and staff, working with UTO means you have the capacity to improve many lives and entire communities.
World-class, low cost education. Our professional development is built in! UTO encourages staff to seek additional certificates and degrees via ASU’s top ranked programs with major tuition breaks.
Exposure to industry giants. UTO partners with Amazon, Apple, Cox, Verizon, Salesforce, Alteryx and a diversity of technology companies to enhance our innovations and deepen their impact.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Postdoc3, Arizona State University, United States, about 15 hours ago
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mathematical Biology (Job #92397) The School of Mathematical and Statistical Scien...
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer (Remote Available) [R0132981], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, about 5 hours ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer (REMOTE AVAILABLE) [R0132981]. ROLE of the POSITION The Digital Strategy and Transformation (DST) ...
Technical Data Lead (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 11 hours ago
POSITION SUMMARY: The Technical Data Lead for the University of Arizona Global Campus (Global Campus) is a full-time employment position reporting to the Senior Director of Enterprise Data Ar...
Data Management Scientist, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 15 days ago
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Head, the Data Management Scientist will play a critical role in the efforts of Institutional Reporting and Data Governance (IRDG) in the Office of t...
Global Professor, The University of Arizona, United States, 26 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor 2 Locations Available | req11507 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Job available in these locations: United States Tucson, AZ, United States Global Pr...
Research Associate (Civil Engineering), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 26 days ago
A Research Associate position is available in the Protective Technology Research Centre, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. We are looking ...