ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES:
Founded in 1891, Stanford University is among the top academic institutions in the country, excelling in a wide range of fields from the humanities to information technology to the health sciences and medicine. The university is located near Palo Alto, 35 miles south of San Francisco, on an 8,800-acre campus.
Residential & Dining Enterprises, the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $206 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, and provides housing for over 12,000 students, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 500,000 meals at Athletic Concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. Additionally, R&DE comprises 660 FTE staff in the following divisions: the Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost, Student Housing, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
“Students (Customers) First” is the mantra of R&DE and our strategic goals reflect our commitment to delivering quality and excellence to our constituents every day. In R&DE, “Excellence is defined by aligning our strategic goals and performance with our vision.”
The Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost for R&DE provides strategic and tactical direction to the business units across R&DE and ensures that consistent practices and policies are deployed across the business units and are in alignment with R&DE’s mission and vision.
Stanford and R&DE are committed to creating and sustaining a diverse environment. R&DE’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in our work of providing service excellence to our students. Diversity is more than a commitment—it is foundational to what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us different.
Administer, implement, and interpret university and department policies and procedures on issues regarding admission, financial aid, housing, registrar services, visa services, student life, advising, career counseling and academic services. Identify, clarify, and resolve highly visible or complex issues with substantial significance and impact that may span multiple areas, using advanced technical and professional knowledge requiring independent judgment.
- Administer an area or program in student services, evaluate and recommend decisions on program eligibility. Review decisions recommended by other staff.
- Collaborate with others to help resolve program issues and concerns, interpret policies, and mediate complex and sensitive issues.
- Resolve multi-dimensional matters in response to students in crisis, at risk, or who have other program issues, counsel students and parents on sensitive and confidential issues.
- Provide guidance and counsel, oversee and develop a wide range of programs and services, analyze effectiveness and make recommendations for future programs.
- Reconcile complex issues; analyze diverse transactions from multiple sources.
- Summarize data from multiple sources, prepare manage reports and presentations.
- Identify and evaluate data needs, manage the implementation and development of technology.
- Develop and implement plans for outreach efforts, develop and maintain external community and university liaison represent department and university at meetings and events.
- Provide advice to students on a range of issues, including, but not limited to, academic progress, academic program policies, career plans, accessibility, community standards, etc., in order to guide them in making appropriate choices and decisions.
- Apprise students of research, fellowship and scholarship opportunities, make recommendations and may award grants.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to students and other departments; represent unit/department.
- Lead, create and contribute to development of business practices and organizational change to improve processes and workflow.
- May oversee, analyze and assist in financial processes and development of budgets.
- Serve as a key member of university wide teams and projects.
- May train and supervise other staff, volunteers and temporary workers.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
This role is designated as essential and requires incumbents to report to the worksite. Telecommute is not an option for this role.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Faculty Appointment International Security Policy, Freeman Spogli Institute, United States, about 17 hours ago
Position ID:Stanford University -Freeman Spogli Institute -FP [#18246] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Stanford, California 94305, United States Subje...
Associate Director, Professional Programs, The California State University, United States, 10 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499935 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 29, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Li...
Marketing Specialist, The California State University, United States, 1 day ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499934 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 7, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Link ...
Senior Construction Manager, The California State University, United States, 7 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499691 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 4, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: https:...
Director Of Resources And Operations, The California State University, United States, 13 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 500131 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 28, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Administrative Support Coordinator Ii Special Session, The California State University, United States, 8 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 500000 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 30, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Li...