|Senior Business Process Analyst|
|0657 Business Systems Analyst IV|
|1855 Folsom Street|
|Information Technology Service Management|
|Monday - Friday, 8am – 5pm|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
The Senior Business Process Analyst is responsible for requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs. S/he applies advanced business analysis concepts to identify, evaluate and define highly complex systems scope and objectives based on advanced knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) practices, processes and systems and industry standards to meet end-user needs. S/he works at the highest technical level of various phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of applying technology to the current and future business environment. In addition, s/he conducts complex business process analysis resulting in the identification of process issues and associated solutions. The Senior Business Process Analyst acts as a liaison between the business customer and technical team.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICE MANAGEMENT
ITSM stands for Information Technology Service Management. Service Management, at its heart, is about optimizing the processes that the IT organization uses to deliver services to customers. The purpose of the IT Service Management Office (ITSMO) is to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of delivering IT services to the UCSF community by leveraging accepted industry best practice frameworks such as ITIL and Lean IT. Our mission is to help make people and processes within our organization more effective, and then provide the tools and technology to make us more efficient.
ITSMO reports into the Office of the CIO (OCIO). Our goal is to develop and maintain the portfolio of processes that support best practices in ITSM appropriate to our environment (fit for purpose / fit for use) by:
• Developing processes that focus on the students, facility, and staff who are our customers
• Ensuring these processes are effective, efficient, and repeatable
• Enabling these processes through an enterprise Service Management System
• Enabling people through training, coaching, and communications.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline with an information technology focus|
• ITIL Foundation
• 10 or more years’ experience in heterogeneous and complex IT environments
• Five or more years’ experience of progressive broad-based information systems business analysis and project management, with strong project management methodology background
• Five or more years’ experience working with ITIL frameworks for IT Service Management implementation and best practices for identifying, planning, delivering and supporting IT services to the business
• Five or more years’ experience with ITSM Tools such as ServiceNow or Remedy
• Advanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions
• Advanced knowledge of related areas of IT
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) methodologies; demonstrated testing and test planning skills
• Experience with developing test strategies, plans, schedules and work breakdown structures to ensure testing coverage
• Knowledge relating to the design of processes and software across the organization
• Advanced skills and methodologies associated with process and software design, modification and implementation
• Demonstrated skills needed to efficiently develop process maps using common flowchart standards; ability to map out complex processes (after one to two meeting sessions with customers) as clear as possible so that the process under review can be readily understood by almost anyone, even someone unfamiliar with the process
• Demonstrated experience with process analysis, systems analysis, process architectures and systems analysis methodologies and practices including traditional waterfall, Agile, Agile Scrum, UML, UML Enterprise, et cetera
• Understanding and skill in complex process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Data modeling, Use Case modeling, User Story creations and narrative description
• Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds
• Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines. Demonstrates problem solving skills
• Demonstrated skills needed to synthesize information into succinct, concise and logical summaries and reports
• Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization
• Excellent presentation skills; ability to formulate and communicate data process, findings and recommendations to business owners and executives
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
All jobs will require fingerprinting and background check as of Mid-March. 2017.
| • Lean IT Foundation|
• Certification in project management methodology (i.e., Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 certified)
|• ITIL Foundation|
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Business Systems Analyst Student Computing At Cal (7584 U) #24256, University of California, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Business Systems Analyst - Student Computing at Cal (7584U) #24256 Job ID: 24256 Location: Off Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department SAIT Information Tech...
Erp Technical Manager, University of San Francisco, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Information Requisition Number 2017-1384Staff Job Title ERP Technical Manager Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Salary Type Exempt Minimum Hire-In Rate (for OPE positions only) Job Type ...
Business Systems Analyst 3 (7584 U) #24209, University of California, United States, 2 days ago
Job Description Job Title: Business Systems Analyst 3 (7584U) #24209 Job ID: 24209 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department FEPRO Procurement Services Regular/Temporary:...
Functional Business Analyst (Administrative Analyst/Specialist,, The California State University, United States, 2 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9671 Job Title: Functional Business Analyst (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: November 28, 2017 Clo...
Business Systems Analyst (Analyst/Programmer) Career Informa, The California State University, United States, 2 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9667 Job Title: Business Systems Analyst (Analyst/Programmer) - Career - Informa Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: November 14, 2017 Cl...
Contract Administrator, Capital Projects (7380 U) #24122, University of California, United States, 6 days ago
Job Description Job Title: Contract Administrator, Capital Projects - (7380U) - #24122 Job ID: 24122 Location: Off Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department CP Operations Regular/Tempor...