The Senior Business Analyst (BA) works as a member of the Custom Solutions and Integrations team within the central IT department at Princeton University. As part of this team, the Senior BA provides analytical expertise and supports the Software Development Life Cycle for key development projects. For each project, the BA works closely with stakeholders to understand business needs and ensure projects and programs meet these needs; develops and maintains business requirements and specifications; and authors technical and business documentation. With Agile as the team’s primary project methodology, the BA will also facilitate the creation of ‘user stories’ to effectively document application requirements. This position will also be involved in team work to create data models, user interfaces, and testing plans, as well as assess business processes for possible improvements.
- Partner with business users to gather and document requirements for new functionality.
- Work with technical teams to design solutions that meet customer needs.
- Prepare documentation for customers, developers, and management.
- Drive and support project sprint planning and story estimation processes
- Complete quality assurance (QA) and functional testing to ensure newly developed features perform to expectation
- Provide technical and functional application support
- Provide functional application knowledge to customers and developers.
- Keep abreast of best practices and approaches in business analysis.
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a business analyst working on technical projects.
- Strong experience translating business requirements into functional and technical language and documentation.
- Experience using Agile project management methodologies, and JIRA story writing and project tracking functionality.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with technical colleagues and campus customers with varying levels of technical understanding
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with project stakeholders and developers, and experience working in or leading cross-functional teams
- Experience working with databases.
- Experience as a business analyst for web applications, ecommerce, or similar software
- Knowledge of usability best practices and experience in usability testing
- Programming experience
- Good understanding of accessibility principles in coding (WCAG 2.0)
- Experience working in higher education supporting campus constituents
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, related experience.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. Princeton University requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
Go to our careers site.
Instructional Technology Specialist (Learning And Development Supervisor), Rutgers University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Instructional Technology Specialist (Learning and Development Supervisor) Job Category Staff & Executive - Education and Training Department Institute fo...
Business Intelligence (Bi) Developer, Rutgers University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Business Intelligence (BI) Developer Job Category Staff & Executive - Information Technology Department OIT-Enterprise Application Services Overview Rutg...
Business Manager Iii Supervisor, Rutgers University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Business Manager III - Supervisor Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support Department School of Social Work Overview The School of Socia...
Procurement Business Partner, Rutgers University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Procurement Business Partner Job Category Staff & Executive - Finance/Accounting/Purchasing Department University Procurement Overview Rutgers, The State...
Instructional Technology Specialist, Rutgers University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Instructional Technology Specialist Job Category Staff & Executive - Education and Training Department Institute for Families Overview The Institute for ...
Administrative Analyst Iv, Rutgers University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Administrative Analyst IV Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support Department NJMS-Office of Education Overview New Jersey’s academic he...