The Senior Business Analyst (SBA) functions as a lead BA or key project team member on strategic projects and is responsible for leading discovery and requirements gathering activities to support the projects.
The SBA serves as a liaison between Berklee’s client and technical areas to assess and develop requirements for standard end-user, business, and service needs and procedures. The SBA also plays a role in performing quality assurance, systems testing, and user acceptance activities.
The SBA models and demonstrates the use of business analysis techniques and works to mature the institution’s business process analysis techniques in a way that fits within the culture of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates requirements gathering and design activities on large projects
- Uses appropriate elicitation techniques to gather and document business, user, and systems requirements
- Assists with feasibility of enhancement requests
- Participates in technical design sessions, ensuring that the business requirements and objectives are articulated and addressed by the designed solutions.
- Develops and executes end user verification test plans. Facilitates end user testing sessions.
- Collaborates with Training & Support team to create documentation and training for end users on new or changed business processes
- Diagnoses problems related to daily transactional processes or operational processes; determines possible resolutions and implements effective solutions in a timely fashion
- Adhere to and promote Berklee’s Vision and Guiding Principles
- Contribute to the refinement of internal best practices to ensure the delivery of high quality services that meet the needs of the Berklee community
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant business process analysis and/or business analyst training and experience required.
- Advanced degree and/or CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) certification preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a business analyst role, or performing business analysis functions.
- Knowledge and applied use of a range of elicitation techniques to elicit business and system requirements
- Knowledge and applied use of a range of workflow/documentation techniques (e.g. Swim lane diagrams), and the flexibility to apply the best method to the needs of each assignment/project
- Knowledge of and experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies preferred
- Experience in a higher education environment preferred but not required
- Experience with administrative business applications (e.g. ERP, CRM) required; Colleague, PowerCampus, and Salesforce a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to understand the broad range of needs and various support requirements for delivering exemplary customer service to clients in a wide range of roles, across the institution
- Ability to understand complex business processes, and to effectively articulate the information to others through visuals/diagrams or other requirements documentation
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats as well as to create and maintain positive, productive working relationships with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to operate independently and set priorities amongst multiple task assignments.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Intellectually curious; loves a good challenge
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, assignments, and projects. Self motivated and highly engaged.
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively in a highly diverse campus community
- Demonstrated capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at Berklee :
We support an inclusive workplace where everyone excels based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance. Berklee affirms that inequality is detrimental to our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to make lasting change through our actions. Berklee is committed to providing fair and equitable consideration of all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or status as a member of the armed forces or veteran of the armed forces, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of this commitment, Berklee will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Team at hroperations@Berklee.edu or call 617-747-2375.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of our institution, community, and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
*Currently enrolled Berklee students are not permitted to apply for staff or faculty positions.*
Business Manager, Texas A&M University, United States, 22 days ago
Job Title Business Manager Agency Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service Department Better Living For Texans Proposed Minimum Salary $5,084.34 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type St...
It Business Analyst I, Texas A&M University, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title IT Business Analyst I Agency Texas A&M University Department Enterprise Application Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job D...
Business Administrator I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Business Administrator I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Epo Asst. Dean For Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job De...
Business Coordinator Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Business Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M University Department Finance - College of Veterinary Medicine Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type ...
Business Administrator I, Texas A&M University, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title Business Administrator I Agency Texas A&M Agrilife Research Department Unit Business Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job ...
Business Coordinator Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator III Agency Texas A&M University Department Operations Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description...