Purdue University is looking to hire Senior Assistant Director within Student Success for Purdue Promise. This position will specifically: supervise 5 Student Success Coaches; recruit, hire, and train staff; and support programmatic student support efforts such as orientation/transition programming, seminar courses, coaching meetings and modules, study abroad, and life skills development.
Purdue Promise is a four-year scholarship and support program for low-income Indiana residents who are part of the Indiana 21st Century Scholars program. It was created in response to 21st Century Scholars graduating at 10-11% lower rates than the Purdue University rate. The program is rooted in four guiding principles of student achievement – academic development, leadership development, social development, and life skills development – to assist students in strengthening their self-efficacy, self-advocacy, help-seeking skills, and grit. It is designed to minimize barriers to success and provide individualized care and coaching to retain and graduate scholars prepared for navigating life after college.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Master's Degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Student Affairs, Counseling, Social Work, or a related field.
- 2 years of experience in student affairs, counseling, social work, human services, education, or related field (graduate assistantship/internship experience counts as half time).
- Affirm sensitivity to issues regarding equity and diversity.
- Portray knowledge of higher education student recruitment, orientation, access, transition, retention, and success.
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface with various constituents with unique needs (students, supervisees, colleagues, campus and community partners, and parents/guardians)
- Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Experience working with low-income, first-generation, and/or minoritized students
- Experience with professional staff supervision
- Experience with advising, personal and academic coaching, teaching, advocacy, or financial aid,
- Experience with mentoring, personal and career development, or case management
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions immediately
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Internship For Whin Initiative, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 23 hours ago
This internship position will support the Ivy Tech activities affiliated with the Wabash Heartland Innovation Network (WHIN) initiative, which involves programs in Digital Agriculture and Advanced...
Office Coordinator Chancellor's Office, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 11 days ago
Provide administrative support to the Chancellor and Assistant Director of Administration. Coordinate and supervise high-profile events, receptions and meetings sponsored by the Chancellor's Offic...