Job TitleSenior Administrative Coordinator I
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
DepartmentSchool Of Public Health
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum Salary$3,750.00 monthly
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research, and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Senior Administrative Coordinator I to serve as a member of the Administrative support team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment, as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an expert level of administration experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment, and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
Job Description Summary: The Senior Administrative Coordinator I work under general supervision and coordinates administrative support for academic affairs, research, faculty affairs ,and diversity, equity, and inclusion at the School of Public Health, including the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six years of experience in office administration.
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications.
- Ability to organize work effectively and prioritize objectives with a high level of discretion and independent judgment and initiative.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Attention to detail
- Previous administrative experience with Texas A&M or the TAMUS system.
- Experience with systems including but not limited to Outlook calendars, Concur, Interfolio, and Aggie Buy -Experience coordinating travel, meetings, and events
Administrative Coordination for OAA, OOR, OFA, and ODEI
- Coordinate, plans, and executes administrative support functions for the offices of academic affairs; research; faculty affairs; diversity, equity and inclusion. Develops, evaluates, and ensures adherence to office procedures. Connect visitors, faculty and students to resources/offices within SPH.
Budgets and Purchasing
- Assist in the development and monitoring of office budgets. Coordinates office related purchases and reconciliations.
- Prepares drafts, reviews and/or signs documents for supervisor. Attends meetings or committees on behalf of supervisor. Performs special duties related to committees (internal and external) led by Associate Deans and Director.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares itineraries for Associate Deans, Director, and some faculty searches. Plans and coordinates meetings, seminars, and other special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Supervises, trains, assigns tasks and evaluates the work of others as needed.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Financial Accountant I Property & Fleet Management, Texas A&M University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Job Title Financial Accountant I - Property & Fleet Management Agency Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service Department Auxiliary Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College S...
Contract Specialist I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Job Title Contract Specialist I Agency Texas A&M University Department Department Of Contract Administration Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff...
Instructional Designers Of All Levels, Texas A&M University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title Instructional Designers of all levels Agency Texas A&M University Department Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job D...
Employee Wellness Assistant, Texas A&M University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title Employee Wellness Assistant Agency Texas A&M University Department Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary $19.23 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Associate Director & Chief Scientific Officer, Texas A&M University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Job Title Associate Director & Chief Scientific Officer Agency Texas A&M Agrilife Research Department Research Director Management Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station...
Occupational Health Program Coordinator, Texas A&M University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title Occupational Health Program Coordinator Agency Texas A&M Agrilife Research Department Research Director Programs Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas ...