SECURITY OFFICER (PART-TIME)
Truman College is seeking Security Officers to provide safety, security, and excellent customer service to our students, faculty, staff and visitors. The Security team protects all property of the college and reduces the risk of liability to the college. ALL OFFICERS MUST BE RETIRED OR ACTIVE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS IN GOOD STANDING WITH A CURRENT OR FORMER LAW ENFORCEMENT/CORRECTIONS AGENCY WITH A MINIMUM OF TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD.
- Patrols and monitors assigned areas, including buildings, dock areas and parking lots, maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Protects and assists staff, students and visitors. Ensures only authorized individuals with proper identification are allowed in the building/offices.
- Adheres to and enforces state and municipal laws and the rules of the Board of Trustees.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures of the District are followed by students, faculty, staff and authorized individuals.
- Applies force which is reasonable and necessary under the circumstances to protect life and property in compliance with federal and state statutes.
- Appears in court hearing related to campus incidents when he/she has signed a complaint, is required as a witness, or is served with a subpoena.
- Reports all incidents on incident report forms prior to completion of shift and notifies supervisor of disturbances and/or irregularities .
- Operates CCC vehicles for patrol and other assignments, at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Enforces parking regulations.
- Responds to sick or injured persons and calls 911 when required. Provides emergency services to their best ability to prevent further harm or injury.
- Secures access to building and offices.
- Maintains proper maintenance and handling of security radios and equipment.
Qualifications - External
- Must be an active or retired sworn officer, in good standing with a current or former law enforcement or corrections agency, with at least two years of experience in a law enforcement capacity.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, current CPR and/or first aid certification, and hazardous material training.
- Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent, Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Knowledge of all relevant state statutes and local ordinances.
- Ability to articulate verbally in a clear and distinct manner during emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Ability to make accurate decisions based on observations and perceptions.
- Must be able to work well with staff and students.
- Must be able to handle situations with tact, diplomacy, and persuasiveness.
- Basic knowledge of personal computers and the applicable software.
- Working knowledge of report writing and ability to learn report codes.
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to run or jog for short periods during emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Ability to stand at an assigned post for an extended period of time.
- Ability to quickly climb and descent stairs to respond to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Ability to physically restrain and remove a person using appropriate force.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, crawl, and reach in all directions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate all security related equipment including radios, surveillance cameras, telephones, computers, fire alarm annunciator panel, fire extinguisher, and 2-way radios.
- Ability to drive and operate CCC vehicles.
- Ability to perform CPR and first aid, including operating AED equipment.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities under all weather conditions.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
Clinical Research Coordinator 1, The University of Chicago, United States, 13 days ago
Department BSD MED - Section Administrator: Emergency Medicine -Beiser About the Department In existence for over thirty years, the Section of Emergency Medicine is comprised of 27 full–time and 1...
Clinical Research Coordinator 2, The University of Chicago, United States, 13 days ago
Department BSD MED - Section Administrator: Hematology and Oncology - Clinical Research Staff - Cluster 1 About the Department The Section of Hematology/Oncology has a proud and long tradition of ...
Clinical Research Coordinator 2, The University of Chicago, United States, about 17 hours ago
Department BSD MED - Section Administrator: Hematology and Oncology - Clinical Research Staff - Cluster 5 About the Department The Section of Hematology/Oncology has a proud and long tradition of ...
Indian Boundary Prairies Stewardship Leader – Markham, Illinois, The Nature Conservancy, United States, 11 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyThe Nature ConservancyLocationMarkham, IllinoisJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryTBDLast Date to Apply06/...
Program Manager, Campus And Student Life, The University of Chicago, United States, 14 days ago
Department CSL Administration and Operations About the Department The University of Chicago is one of the nation’s leading institutions of higher education and research. Campus and Student Life (C...
Clinical Research Coordinator 2, The University of Chicago, United States, 12 days ago
Department BSD MED - Section Administrator: Pulmonary Research Staff-Tasali About the Department The Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine has been a model of exemplary patient care, res...