Primary Functions: The Tutor is responsible for providing tutoring sessions via Zoom or in-person, to assist students in achieving academic success.
- Support students in achieving academic success through regularly scheduled tutor sessions or on an as-needed basis to help clarify class concepts by reviewing class material, discussing the text, or working on practice problems. Tutor sessions are conducted via Zoom or in-person.
- Provide support in day-to-day operations while working under limited supervision.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must have received at least an "A" in one or more of the following courses including, but not limited to: 201 Anatomy and Physiology I, BI 202 Anatomy and Physiology II, CH 115 General Chemistry I, CH 116 General Chemistry II
- Excellent customer service orientation with the tact and strong verbal communication skills needed to facilitate relationship building
- Maturity of judgment and ability to resolve problems without delay and/or to seek managerial intervention.
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality in handling student information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Works in a normal office environment.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Fire Alarm Tech Tempe Campus, Arizona State University, United States, 13 days ago
98815BR Campus: Tempe Fire Alarm Tech Job Description ***MULTIPLE OPENINGS*** Facilities Development and Management seeks Fire Alarm Technicians to install, test, maintain, perform shutdowns, modi...
Student Support Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
99133BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Student Support Specialist Job Description The College of Health Solutions is recruiting an engaged higher education professional to join us as a Student Support S...
Program Aide 24/7 Academic Support, Arizona State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
99268BR Campus: Tempe Program Aide Job Description The Program Aide performs a variety of duties to assist in the coordination of Academic Support Network’s (ASN) 24/7 initiative at the Tempe camp...
Simulation Laboratory Operations Manager, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
98954BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Laboratory Manager Job Description The Simulation Laboratory Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the simulation center at the College...
Executive Assistant To Dean, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
98987BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Exec Asst to Dean Job Description The College of Health Solutions (CHS) is seeking a highly professional and experienced Executive Assistant to the Dean. This posi...
Student Intern, Texas A&M Forest Service, United States, 10 days ago
Job Title Student Intern Agency Texas A&M Forest Service Department Region 8 Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location , Job Type Staff Job Description ****Student Internships with Texas A...