The School of Education local coordinator will be in charge of advising students, representing the college in educational events, to obtain new partnerships and to support practicum students and faculty. It is under the supervision of the Regional Center Director, as well as the Dean of Education.
His/her responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Scheduling and monitoring courses.
- Faculty identification, recruitment, recommendation and orientation.
- Development and maintenance of faculty pool within the academic program or course cluster including faculty identification, recruitment, recommendation and orientation.
- Membership in the appropriate Curriculum Committee, and attendance and participation in its monthly meetings.
- Additional office hours and meetings as determined by Regional Location Director.
- Participation in new student orientation.
- Student casework (advising, advocacy, discipline).
- Collaboration with the Program Chair or Dean to ensure program is academically consistent with the main campus.
- Coordination with the Program Chair or Dean to provide feedback regarding program and syllabi in an effort to improve college offerings.
- This position requires possession and ongoing maintenance of an active license in an educational field.
- Represent CC in any local education meeting as those from the Puerto Rico Department of Education.
Other duties will include the following:
- Recommend faculty to teach the Practicum/Internship courses
- Provide formal training to the Practicum/Internship faculty
- Attend Open Houses, Registration, faculty meetings, staff meetings
- Provide office hours for the students
- Visit sites, as needed, where our students are placed to mediate any controversy
Experience and Qualifications
The SOE Coordinator must be:
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Able to locally travel
- Able to lift no more than 30 pounds
- Have a valid Puerto Rico Department of Education teacher’s certificate
- Technologically savvy
To apply please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Dean, Manning College Of Nursing And Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Boston, United States, about 17 hours ago
The University of Massachusetts Boston invites applications for the position of Dean, Robert and Donna Manning College of Nursing and Health Sciences (MCNHS). Leadership Chancellor Marcelo Suárez-...
Graduate Program Coordinator (Sociology), University of Massachusetts Boston, United States, about 17 hours ago
General Summary: The Graduate Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and publicizing the Department of Sociology’s graduate programs, including the Graduate Certificate Program i...
Senior Director Of Research Compliance, Harvard University, United States, 6 days ago
10-Jan-2022 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 56813BR Job-Specific Responsibilities The Sr. Director of Research Compliance for Research Administration Services is a curious, effective communicator wit...
Director, Undergraduate Center For Career Development, Babson College, United States, about 2 hours ago
Provides leadership, direction, and strategic vision for the Undergraduate Center for Career Development to ensure high-quality programs and services while creating an inclusive, innovative, and c...
Preceptor, Harvard University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Title Preceptor School Faculty of Arts and Sciences Department/Area Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology Position Description The Harvard Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology (HSCRB) is ...
Senior Program Coordinator Student Affairs, School Of Medicine, Tufts, United States, 1 day ago
Senior Program Coordinator - Student Affairs, School of Medicine - (22001039) Description The Office of Student Affairs is responsible for all enrollment management, student services (including al...