Public Safety - Security Operations
Safety & Security Officer I
Job Family Group:
University Support Staff
Job Description Summary:
Work involves monitoring and patrolling campus and its facilities. Assists with parking, performing inspections of closed buildings, and opening and closing areas used by faculty, staff, students and visitors.
$19.00/hour, $39,520 Annual
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Health, dental, vision, employer paid life, LTD, flexible benefits plan, miscellaneous voluntary plans available, paid vacation and sick (begin accruing upon hire), paid holidays, paid discretionary day, paid bereavement leave, paid jury duty leave, military leave, paid parental leave, retirement plan.
- HS Diploma/GED.
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted driver's license (corrective lenses acceptable)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to work without constant supervision within a framework of guidelines
- Ability to react quickly and appropriately to emergency and non-emergency situations
- Computer literacy
- Ability to be flexible to work various shifts
- Position may require nighttime, holiday and/or weekend work
- Previous Healthcare Security work experience
- Maintain effective working relationships with public, staff and officials.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Job Duties Outlined:
- 20% – Escorts-Conducts personal escorts and provides transportation for students, faculty, staff, patients and visitors, primarily using a department vehicle. Escorts may be provided by foot during inclement weather or unavailability of vehicles. Person will be escorted to or picked up from Hospital and University and campus locations, residences, parking lots and the garages within prescribed boundaries.
- 20% – PARKING ENFORCEMENT-Enforces State and KUMC parking rules and regulations through issuance of parking citations, verbal or written warnings. Enforces parking garage access. Advises supervisor of parking areas requiring attention or additional signage to improve compliance with parking rules and regulations. Keeps traffic flowing in front of Hospital and University entrances and ensures area is used for the intended purpose of loading and unloading patients.
- 15% – CUSTOMER SERVICE, WORKING RELATIONS AND INTEGRITY-Assists hospital staff in efforts to meet customer needs by: directing and controlling traffic flow, providing directions; providing assistance, including vehicle and safety escorts to patients, visitors, staff and students (e.g. Cambridge Street parking facility, Front of KU Hospital).
- 25% – FIXED POST SECURITY-Patrols areas of responsibility, including Metal Detector operation and other building entrances, constantly looking for unusual activities that may cause harm to individuals or their property. Interacts with co-workers, law enforcement officers & other department personnel and maintains effective working relationships. Adheres to all University and department rules, regulations and policies.
- 5% – MOTORIST ASSISTS-Assists employees, students, staff and visitors with jump starts and tire inflation. Receives proper valid proof of ownership and written release prior to providing the service. Gives directions and aid to visitors and staff on all parking problems on campus. Submits recommendations for improvement of the program.
- 5% – TRAINING & OTHER RELATED DUTIES-Attends and participates in all departmental special assignments and training sessions assigned. Performs other duties as assigned in the manner and time frame specified which include maintenance of parking enforcement devices, providing special parking areas, traffic control, escorts, and other special assignments.
- 5% – COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING-Operates two-way radio equipment in accordance with FCC regulations and departmental policy. Writes and submits clear, concise, legible and timely reports.
- 5% – UNIFORMS & EQUIPMENT-Keeps uniforms, vehicle and equipment clean and in working order per established procedures. Be able to present, upon request, any issued equipment. Maintains and operates vehicles in a safe prudent manner. Reports damage and problems to supervisor immediately.
$19.00 - $20.98
University Police Chief, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Department Vice President for Administration and Finance Job Posting Title University Police Chief Job Description Position Description: The University Police Chief directs the daily operations of...
Patrol Agent I, Kansas City University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: The Patrol Agent is primarily responsible to ensure safety and protects University property; executes appropriate action when dealing with problems, incidents, and...
Biologist Field Coordinator – (829): Iowa, Us, Nebraska, Us, Missouri, Us, Kansas, Us, Minnesota, Us, Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc., United States, 21 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyWestern EcoSystems Technology, Inc.LocationIowa, US, Nebraska, US, Missouri, US, Kansas, US, Minnesota, USJo...
Vehicle And Equipment Technician, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Department Budget & Planning Job Posting Title Vehicle and Equipment Technician Job Description Position Description: The Vehicle and Equipment Technician independently oversees the daily operatio...
Temporary Learning Specialist, Kansas City University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Type: Temporary (Fixed Term) Job Description: The Learning Specialist assists with the University's learning enhancement program, serves as liaison and/or advisor for all Joplin students and f...
Senior Administrative Assistant – Department Of Health And Human Performance, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Department Health & Human Performance Job Posting Title Senior Administrative Assistant – Department of Health and Human Performance Job Description Position involves administrative and general of...