|Job Title||Retail Storekeeper 3|
|Department||Nevada Wolf Shop|
|Department Web Address||www.nevadawolfshop.com|
|Full Time Equivalent||
|Comp Grade||Grade 28|
|Tenure Track||No Response|
The University of Nevada, Reno is recruiting for a Retail Store Keeper III for Nevada Wolf Shop. The Retail Store Keeper III will be responsible for critical administrative, fiscal, and operational support and coordination for 10 departments at the Nevada Wolf Shop. The Retail Store Keeper III will process student payroll, plan store wide events, submit financial and HR related paperwork, prepare budget documents, support Associate Director with budgetary meetings, update financials, and support fiscal year-end. This position will also be responsible for opening and closing the store as needed, coordinate orientation and customer service needs, and ensure HR procedures are followed.
The typical work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; this position may require evenings and weekends. This is subject to change based on organizational needs.
This position does not provide layoff rights and is contingent upon funding.
The University of Nevada, Reno is one of eight institutions of higher education governed by the Nevada System of Higher Education. With a growing student enrollment in the Fall of 2016 of 21,353, 36% of our student body are from traditionally underrepresented populations. With a total budget of over $600 million and research awards of $201 million, the University provides a comprehensive selection of degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Recently recognized as an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), the University is also recognized as a “Top Tier” Best National University by U.S. News & World Report (7th year in a row). The University is located in the picturesque Truckee Meadows at the base of the Sierra Nevada and in the middle of the nation’s next new College Town, the City of Reno. The University of Nevada, Reno is just a short distance from the state capitol, the beautiful Lake Tahoe area, and numerous state and national parks. Also, the City of Reno is less than a 4 hours’ drive from San Francisco.
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education and research. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the added value that students, faculty and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience.
Graduation from high school and three years of increasingly responsible storekeeping and retail experience which included responsibility for merchandising, stock control, perpetual inventory, contacts with vendors, and coordinating the work of others; OR one year of experience as a Retail Storekeeper II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Additional Experience Requirements:
This position requires accounting experience.
This position requires supervisory experience.
This position requires experience using Microsoft Excel in a business setting.
|Contact Information for this Position||
Applicant Help Desk:
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
1. Resume/CV – List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
2. Cover Letter – Optional
3. Three Supervisory References – Please make a note if you do not want your present employer contacted unless necessary to determine your qualifications for the position.
4. Transcripts – Optional – If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the position.
5. Bonus Points – To receive bonus points for being a veteran, widow of a veteran, or a disabled veteran, proof must be submitted by close of the posting. You may either attach proof electronically to this application or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (specify the recruitment). (Examples of acceptable documents include DD-214, disability letter from Veteran’s Administration, widow’s documentation, etc.)
6. Training and Experience Exam – This recruitment requires an exam. Please answer the below questions in detail and attach the document to your application. It is essential that responses to the questions include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Retail Storekeeper 3 (7.819) Training and Experience Exam
1) Describe your experience setting stocking levels.
|Job Open Date||07/27/2017|
|Job Close Date||08/14/2017|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Note to All Applicants||
A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
Student Web Developer & Technical Support Student For The Ucm University Bookstore Fall 2017, University of Central Missouri, United States, 4 days ago
Student Web Developer & Technical Support Student for the UCM University Bookstore-Fall 2017 Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and question...
Storekeeper Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, 5 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Storekeeper II Posting Title Storekeeper II System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY PRESS /...
Temporary Merchandiser Buyback Fall 2017/Distribution Spring 2018, University of Central Missouri, United States, about 16 hours ago
Temporary Merchandiser Buyback Fall 2017/Distribution Spring 2018 Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before ...
Food Services Manager, Stanford University, United States, 10 days ago
Food Services Manager - 76592 Description ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES: Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California...
Senior Clinical Fellow Department Of General Surgery, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Senior Clinical Fellow - Department of General Surgery KING’S COLLEGE HOSPITAL NHS Foundation TRUSTGeneral Surgery Department, Liver, Renal and Surgery Division SENIOR CLINICAL FELLOW 1 x permanen...
Aircraft Mechanic I A&P, University of Central Missouri, United States, about 16 hours ago
Aircraft Mechanic I - A&P Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for ...