|Researcher, Dementia Epidemiology|
|6257 Research Data Analyst III|
|Mission Hall - Mission Bay|
|Epidemiology and Biostatistics|
|Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
We are seeking a researcher to participate in projects related to lifecourse predictors of dementia risk and cognitive aging. The work would involve acquisition of data from public use sources, data management, longitudinal data analysis using a statistical package (R, Stata, or SAS), participation in the research team for interpreting results and planning additional analyses, and contributions to preparation of scientific manuscripts.
The Dementia Epidemiology Researcher will support multiple projects within our research team, including:
• Evaluation vascular risk factors and MRI markers of structural brain integrity and cognitive decline
• Statistical methods to improve generalizability of clinic based studies of cognitive aging
• Methods to harmonize cognitive measures across linguistically and socioeconomically diverse populations
• Evaluation of effects of education and other social factors on cognitive aging.
Please note: This is a full time contract position ending on June 30, 2018 (potentially renewable).
EPIDEMIOLOGY AND BIOSTATISTICS
The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics (DEB) is a department in the School of Medicine with a vision to advance discoveries and insights into the distribution, determinants and outcomes of disease that will drive improvements in population health worldwide. Its educational mission is to train students in epidemiologic and biostatistical methods for studying disease etiology and prevention, for evaluating tests and treatments, and for using evidence-based approaches in clinical practice and population health; scientific mission is to perform outstanding basic, clinical and population health research along a spectrum from molecules to society and to develop tools for the translation of knowledge that will improve clinical practice and population health and ensure optimal use of resources; its clinical mission is to support the practice of public health and preventive medicine in local, state, national and international health agencies.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • Bachelor's degree in related area and three to five years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience / training|
• Advanced knowledge of research function
• Advanced skills in statistical analysis, statistical programming (R, Stata, or SAS), and data security measures
• Advanced skills in analysis and consultation
• Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing
• Ability to differentiate relevant data from less significant data
• Produces research reports that are well reasoned, well written, and well received
• Generates excellent data from the best sources and resources
• Is thorough and well organized in his/her research methods
• Builds teamwork within and between departments
• Creates reports and documentation that are consistently outstanding
• Keeps email messages on target and to the point
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
| • Master's degree in a quantitative field|
• One to four years prior professional experience with statistical analyses
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Academic Development Specialist Football (4550 U) #23668, University of California, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Academic Development Specialist - Football (4550U) #23668 Job ID: 23668 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Athletic Study Center Regular...
Disability Specialist, University of San Francisco, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Information Requisition Number 2017-1308Staff Job Title Disability Specialist Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Salary Type Exempt Minimum Hire-In Rate (for OPE positions only) Job Type ...
Provost And Vice President For Academic Affairs (Administrator I, The California State University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 6287 Job Title: Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (Administrator I Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 3, 2017 Closing Date: Open until filled Link...
Director (Administrator Iii) Student Health Services, The California State University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9568 Job Title: Director (Administrator III) - Student Health Services Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 7, 2017 Closing Date: Open until filled Link to Apply ...
Senior Grant Administrator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, E, The California State University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9567 Job Title: Senior Grant Administrator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, E Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 10, 2017 Closing...
Assistant Director (Administrator I), The California State University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9554 Job Title: Assistant Director (Administrator I) Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: July 28, 2017 Closing Date: Open until filled Link to Apply Online: https://cms...