Research Technician -
: Microbiology & Immunology
: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences Center
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am -5pm
Salary Range: up to $38,700 annually, based on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
POSITION INFORMATION: Provides assistance to a research staff by conducting simple research experiments, collecting data and samples, keeping records, conducting literature searches, analyzing data, and preparing reports.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a biological science, chemistry, physics, psychology, sociology or other
health related field.
Equivalent/ Substitution: Will accept 48 months of equivalent experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, or an Associate’s Degree plus 24 months research experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in microbiology, cell & molecular biology, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, or laboratory science.
- Familiarity with mammalian tissue culture, media preparation, and buffer preparation.
- Molecular biology skills: PCR, RT-PCR, DNA electrophoresis, plasmid cloning, transfection, CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing, recombinant protein expression and purification, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, microscopy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience or interest in working with BSL-2 pathogens.
- Interested in helping establish a new molecular parasitology laboratory.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: None
: Jul 10, 2019
: Oct 9, 2019