Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 3233516-3499_1683839984
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
We are seeking a bright and motivated individual for a Research Technician I position in the laboratory of Sarita Patil, M.D. in the Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases (CIID). The CIID is a multidisciplinary research center whose goal is to discover new mechanisms and molecular pathways in allergic, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
The main interest of the Patil lab is understanding the role of antigen-specific B cells and humoral immunity in allergic diseases. Our lab is mainly focused on human immunology, utilizing peripheral blood and human tissues from allergic subjects enrolled in various clinical trials, as well as non-allergic blood donors.
Our systems-based approach to study various aspects of the humoral system in depth involves a variety of research techniques, including the development of antigen-specific B cell tetramers, single-cell and bulk cell isolation, recombinant antibody production and isolation, cell culture, PCR, flow cytometry and cell sorting, next generation sequencing (RNAseq, BCRseq), protein mass spec, antibody characterization using biolayer inferometry, and effector cell assays. Our lab is highly collaborative, and members are engaged in a variety of projects across different institutions. We are looking for a research technician to play an interactive and integral role in these studies.
Candidates for this position should have a solid background in biology and a strong interest in immunology and molecular biology. This position would be ideal for those candidates interested in gaining significant experience in biomedical research and considering future graduate studies.
Duties will include:
- Molecular biological techniques, including DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, and antibody production and isolation
- Isolation, purification, culturing and cryopreservation of primary white blood cells from human samples
- Flow cytometry and cell sorting, including single-cell sorting
- Participation in general laboratory responsibilities, including ordering and organizing laboratory supplies and reagents, safety maintenance, and laboratory equipment maintenance
- Administration and management of patient sample repositories
- Writes and executes protocols of non-routine experiments
- Participation in collaborations
- Bachelor's Degree, with coursework in related fields such as Immunology, Molecular Biology and/or Biochemistry
- Previous laboratory experience is strongly preferred, even though required techniques will be taught upon joining the lab
- Proficiency with computer software, including Word, Power Point and Excel
- Must be reliable, organized, and able to work independently as well as with other members of the team and collaborators, and have good documentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- committed and hard working
- Eager to learn new skills and approaches
- Close attention to detail
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.Partner's Healthcare is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About MGH Institute of Health Professions
MGH Institute of Health Professions, founded by Massachusetts General Hospital in 1977, is an innovative and independent graduate school in Boston that is a member of Partners HealthCare. A progressive leader in developing comprehensive models of health care education, the MGH Institute prepares advanced practice professionals in the fields of nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and communication sciences and disorders through a distinctive combination of academic study, clinical practice, and research. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in graduate level and certificate programs, with an increasing number of courses available online. The Institute is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Connections working at MGH Institute of Health Professions
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Ph D Scientist, Translational Immuno Oncology Research, Novartis, United States, about 20 hours ago
Essential Requirements: • This position will be located at the Cambridge, MA site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will not require travel as defined by the busi...
Research Support Associate, Belcher Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description RESEARCH SUPPORT ASSOCIATE, Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research-Belcher Lab, to work on a cancer vaccine-related research project as part of a dynamic and supportive res...
Research Scientist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, 2 days ago
Job Description RESEARCH SCIENTIST, DEVELOPMENT AND APPLICATION OF TOOLS FOR BIOPROSPECTING, PROTEIN ENGINEERING AND HIGH-THROUGHPUT MOLECULAR PHENOTYPING,McGovern Institute for Brain Research-Syn...
Lead Research Tech – Guinan Lab, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, United States, 16 days ago
Lead Research Tech – Guinan Lab Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Boston, MA Full Time Exciting opportunity for a well-trained scientist to join the Guinan lab, a translational human immunology laborat...
Research Faculty Position In Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, Nature Careers, United States, 17 days ago
THE DIVISION OF ENDOCRINOLOGY, DIABETES, & METABOLISM at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), an affiliate of Harvard Medical School (HMS), is seeking an outstanding scientist at the Assi...
Laboratory Manager, Fan Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, 1 day ago
Job Description LABORATORY MANAGER, FAN LAB , Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, to manage daily laboratory functions and support specific research projects. The lab’s research focuses on...