School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
- Under the direction of the PI, provide support in metabolic research involving rodent and cell culture models of adipocyte stem cells, obesity, and diabetes.
- Perform laboratory duties including preparation and execution of molecular biology, biochemistry, cell culture, and/or animal physiology experiments.
- Assist with metabolic physiology testing (e.g., glucose tolerance, heart perfusions, and exercise testing)
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation including database maintenance.
- Order and stock lab supplies
- Maintain laboratory equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the lab.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as requested.
Work generally requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology, psychology or other directly related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, animal science, veterinary technology, or a related field. Candidates with an MS degree or extensive experience may be considered for other positions for which they qualify.
- Knowledge and experience with basic biochemistry techniques such as DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, and gel electrophoresis is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in animal laboratory science and/or experience working with mice is strongly preferred; AALAS certification is desirable.
- Basic computing skills and experience with Excel software
- Ability to enforce and adhere to strict safety requirements.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and adaptable to shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and work effectively in an interactive team environment
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Zebrafish Research Technician 2, Duke University Medical Center, United States, 29 days ago
AgencyDuke University Medical CenterLocationDurham, NCJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOQLast Date to Apply05/30/2023Websitehttps://careers.duke.edu/job-invite/231973/ DescriptionWork Arrange...
Associate In Research, Biomedical Engineering, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -BME -DUKEGERECHT3 [#24844, 1420] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Biomedical Engineering /...
Research Scientist, Center for Advanced Genomic Technologies, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke University -Center for Advanced Genomic Technologies -GENOMETECH [#24817, 1454] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States ...
Entrepreneur In Residence In The Center For Advanced Genomic Technologies (Cagt), Center for Advanced Genomic Technologies, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke University -Center for Advanced Genomic Technologies -EIRCAGT [#24929, 1509] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States Sub...
Research Specialist, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 5 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Marsico Lung Inst - CF Center-426401 Career Area Research Professionals Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Date 06/01/2023 App...
Associate In Research, Biology, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -Biology -AIR_SL1 [#24958, 1826] Position Title: Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Biology Appl Deadline:2023/06/12 11:59PM (po...