Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Research Specialist, Masters in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Program – Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University’s Masters in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Program is a basic science program that infuses core concepts of biochemistry and molecular biology as applied to biomedical sciences and biotechnology, providing students with a rigorous and challenging curriculum to succeed in their post-academic and professional endeavors. Our program is targeted to those interested in pursuing academic, medical, or biotechnology industry research careers, those who wish to enhance their current careers by reinforcing their biomedical backgrounds, those making career shifts to positions that require additional background in biochemistry and molecular biology, as well as those seeking advanced study in preparation for entry into Ph. D. programs in the biomedical sciences or into professional programs in the medical sciences.
The Research Specialist has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Lab management, organization and maintenance of the M.S. Biochemistry research internship labs and the cell culture teaching labs.
- Co-mentoring, training, and supervision of research internship students to complete their internship projects in the department and training them in different cell culture, biochemical and molecular biology techniques.
- Assisting the program director in researching and developing additional reagents (DNA constructs, established cell lines, etc) for use in internship projects.
- Teaching as lab instructor for three lab-based courses in the program, including Applications of Cell Culture (spring), Programmed Cell Death lab (fall), and Immunotechniques in Biochemistry (fall) lab courses for the graduate students
- Helping conduct enrichment review sessions if any for Core Concepts of Biochemistry course offered by the program.
- Helping professors in preparing and proctoring exams for program courses.
- Assisting in ongoing biomedical research and development projects of the program director and graduate faculty in the MS Biochem program.
- M.S. degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Research expertise in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biological lab techniques
- At least one-year experience in biomedical or biotechnology research
- Teaching skills and experience
- Advanced use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Advanced use of email and web-based applications
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
Laboratory Technician I, Henry M. Jackson Foundation, United States, about 15 hours ago
Join the HJF Team! HJF is seeking a Laboratory Technician I to support the Satpute-Krishnan lab in the Biochemistry Department located at the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, Maryl...
Faculty Assistant, University of Maryland, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Number: 124701 Title: Faculty Assistant Functional Title: Faculty Assistant Category Status: 15-Fac.Non-Tenured,Continuing Con Applicant Search Category: F...
Business Manager, University of Maryland, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Number: 103658 Title: Business Manager Functional Title: Business Manager Category Status: 33-Exempt Regular Applicant Search Category: Staff University Au...
Communications Officer/Mobile Journalist, George Mason University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Department Communications & Marketing Alternate Department Description Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Background Check ...
Cyber Security Engineer Ii (16280), American University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Summary/Objective This position assists in monitoring the American University computing and network environment; implementing technology and procedures designed to maintain the confidentiality, in...
Faculty Specialist, University of Maryland, United States, about 9 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Number: 125624 Title: Faculty Specialist Functional Title: Faculty Specialist Category Status: 15-Fac.Non-Tenured,Continuing Con Applicant Search Category:...