ATLAS, a research center that oversees the development and implementation of the Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) Alternate Assessment and the Kansas Assessment Program, is seeking Research Project Coordinators to manage a variety of development projects including assessments, learning map models, and professional learning resources. Coordinators will work with multiple development teams to ensure that complex processes are implemented and documented consistently and will ensure that quality assurance criteria and delivery deadlines are met.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), unclassified position at the Lawrence campus.
We especially seek candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Professional development and training
- Large scale assessment development
- Research and development project management
- Planning and coordinating of meetings across teams
- Instructional design
- Process Improvement
- Quality control processes
50% - Manage and monitor workflow and deliverables for multiple ATLAS projects. Examples of work performed may include:
- Overseeing the development of assessments, professional development modules, or instructional resources.
- Documenting development procedures including identifying milestones and creating workflow maps.
- Identifying process improvements and apply risk management strategies.
- Reviewing materials for accuracy and alignment to project goals.
- Coordinating development and revision of project plans within and across teams.
- Tracking and reporting project milestones and deliverables.
- Implementing budgets and administrative procedures for development projects.
30% - Coordinate internal resources to support development projects. Examples of work performed may include:
- Coordinating the establishment of a work plan.
- Supervising graduate research assistants and temporary and student hourly workers.
- Developing and review technical documents, issue briefs, and communications.
- Scheduling and leading cross-team meetings for special projects.
- Coordinating handoffs between project staff and project teams.
20% - Assist in the preparation and dissemination of project documents. Examples of work performed may include:
- Preparing documentation about development processes for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Performing quality control checks on completed work and finished products.
- Producing and or reviewing written text, instructional resources, and/or technical reports for a variety of media.
- Developing engaging recruitment and training materials for multiple projects.
- Contributing to the development of instructional resources.
- Contributing to grant proposals and RFP responses.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application includes online application, CV/resume, cover letter that describes how the applicant meets the required qualifications and includes specific examples of experience, and contact information for at least three professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Application review begins November 20, 2019 and continues until positions are filled.
Application Review Begins
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9 for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).