Research Program Coordinator -
: Stephenson Cancer Center
: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences Center
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Salary Range: $40,712 - $52,925 annually, based on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
POSITION INFORMATION: Coordinates and administers multiple clinical research projects by performing clinical research, medical management, subject recruitment, data analysis, IRB Coordination, and personnel supervision.
1. Project Coordination. Coordinates the activities between clinical research projects for a department or college and between those projects and other programs on the national or state level.
2. Clinical Research. Works with academic and clinical staff to develop clinical research, testing, and training materials.
3. Medical Management. Assists clinical investigators in planning, organizing, and delivering medical management of study participants.
4. Subject Recruitment. Recruits subjects for clinical research projects. Reviews medical histories and may examine subjects to determine eligibility. Enrolls subjects meeting criteria of the project.
5. Data Analysis. Organizes and participates in the analysis of collected data. May perform data entry, collect, analyze, and clean data.
6. IRB Coordination. Works with the Institutional Review Board to develop protocols and consent forms for research projects including human subjects. Ensures projects are in compliance with University regulations.
7. Personnel Supervision. Supervises support personnel that may include nurses, physician assistants, researchers, technical positions, etc. Delegates tasks, and conducts performance appraisals. Assists Principal Investigator in the selection, and training of new employees. Trains support personnel in new techniques, requirements, and procedures necessary for research protocols, protecting subject safety, and ensuring the integrity of data.
8. As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Sciences, or Health Professions field.
Experience: 24 months experience in social sciences, healthcare, or clinical trials management.
Certifications/ Licenses: If the department requires an RN or Physician Assistant, the applicant must have current State licensure.
Equivalent/ Substitution: Master’s Degree with 12 months experience in clinical trials management.
Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Sciences, or Health Professions field.
Knowledge of project management and psychological research principles.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: None
: Oct 1, 2019
: Dec 31, 2019