GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Laboratory Technician I, performs a variety of specimen preparatory techniques, dry lab data collection, and routine laboratory maintenance.
The Research Lab Tech I will work closely with the laboratory Principle Investigators and senior scientists in conducting original biomedical research in the field of immunology. In addition to experimentation, the Technician’s duties will include managing laboratory supplies (inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt), assisting with equipment maintenance, attending and participating in group and project meetings.
The applicant should be highly motivated to learn and contribute to research progress, with strong communication skill. Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or a related field is required. Experience as a research technician with cell culture and/or basic molecular biology techniques including cloning and PCR are preferred but not required. This is an ideal position for students applying to graduate or medical school programs in 2-3 years as the position includes opportunity and time allocated, if desired by the candidate, to participate in graduate-level coursework. Alternatively, the skill set acquired in an academic setting will also provide opportunities for industry positions.
- Perform a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- Assist in more complex laboratory tasks
- Collect, analyze, and process laboratory samples
- Record results, organize data, and perform basic computations
- Maintain laboratory supplies and equipment
- Comply with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
DESIRED SKILLSET AND EXPERIENCE:
- Judgment and action skills required to solve basic problems in experiments
- Strong communication skill
- Laboratory experience in biochemistry, molecular biology and/or immunology
- Experience with or willingness to work with animal models a plus
- Experience with high throughput screening a plus, but not required
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionucleotides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
Fsu Federal Work Study Office Assistant, Educ..., Fitchburg State University, United States, 1 day ago
About Fitchburg State University: Fitchburg State University, located in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, is a public institution dedicated to integrating high-quality professional programs with strong l...
Clerical Assistant/ University Police Department (Work Study) 2 Vacancies, Worcester State University, United States, 27 days ago
TITLE: Clerical Assistant DEPARTMENT: University Police Department SCHEDULE: 4 - 8 hours/week PAY: $12.00/hour General Statement of Duties: Assisting WSUPD and WSUPTO with visitor parking needs. R...