A research position is available in the Fazzio laboratory to study epigenetic mechanisms of gene regulation required for specification of cell fate, using mammalian stem cells and mouse models. This individual will work closely with the principle investigator to carry out an independent research project and also have lab organization responsibilities. A degree in cell biology, molecular biology, genetics or related area and some lab experience is required. Applicants must be highly organized and independent. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply. This is an ideal position for someone interested in going to graduate school in 2-3 years. For more information see: https://umassmed.edu/fazziolab .
When applying, please include names and contact information for three references. Recent or soon-to-be graduates should also include degree date, GPA, and list of relevant coursework.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Laboratory Technician I, performs a variety of specimen preparatory techniques, dry lab data collection, and routine laboratory maintenance.
- Perform a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- Assist in more complex laboratory tasks
- Collect, analyze, and process laboratory samples
- Record results, organize data, and perform basic computations
- Maintain laboratory supplies and equipment
- Comply with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
Fsu Undergraduate Student Position Graphic De..., Fitchburg State University, United States, about 8 hours ago
About Fitchburg State University: Fitchburg State University, located in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, is a public institution dedicated to integrating high-quality professional programs with strong l...