Leads efforts to ensure that informatics systems support and advance the objectives and mission of Emory University. Works directly with faculty and staff to document, analyze, and translate their needs into technical designs and informatics solutions. Utilizes standard software requirements and design practices to document informatics solutions to support a wide range of activities across the university. Applies biomedical informatics technical standards, methodologies, and principles to program needs, objectives, and outcomes. Manages, from a client business perspective, related systems projects. Ensures a high level of client satisfaction by monitoring the delivery of ongoing information systems to the enterprise. Performs related responsibilities as required.
The Task Force for Global Health is an Emory University affiliate located in Decatur, GA. Its programs focus on building durable public health systems that serve all people. Focus areas include neglected tropical diseases, vaccines, and health systems strengthening. The Task Force received the 2016 Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize–the world's largest award of its kind–in recognition of its extraordinary contributions to alleviating human suffering.
The Public Health Informatics Institute is a program of the Task Force for Global Health, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. Our staff is comprised of professionals in the areas of public health, healthcare, information systems and communications—all well-versed in the current and emerging issues facing public health. PHII is known for its expertise as a neutral convener of public health professionals and their stakeholders, transforming health practitioners’ ability to apply information effectively in order to improve health outcomes worldwide. Since 1992, PHII has assisted public health organizations in defining and leveraging the power of information systems to meet public health needs. For more information, visit our website at www.phii.org .
- Assists with the implementation of database technology solutions supporting the transformation, validation and storage of data transmitted from surveillance sites
- Strengthens and enhances existing data quality control procedures and provide detailed exception reports to data submitters
- Develops and maintains the extract, transformation and load (ETL) Processes to support reporting needs
- Automates repetitive tasks to achieve operational efficiency through the use of programming language/ database stored procedures
- Proactively monitors the database query performance. Works to alleviate bottlenecks through query rewrites and other performance tuning solutions
- Develops visualization and dashboards to meet the operational and site performance monitoring requirements
- Woks with counterparts at surveillance sites to coordinate continuous data quality process and provision access to the central data repositories
- May provide oversight and mentoring for other analyst on the team
- Assists lead informatics Analyst and operations support analyst on the creation and maintenance of standard documentation, including data dictionaries, standard operating procedures and wiki articles
- Works with counterparts at client sites to help troubleshoot data issues
- Collaborates with the Lead Informatics Analyst on project-related tasks and identify potential risks and issues.
- Provides regular updates to the Lead Informatics Analyst on project-related tasks and identifies risks and issues appropriately.
- Collaborates with the Lead Informatics Analyst and team members on database schema design and modeling.
Participates fully as a member of the Task Force for Global Health by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by Task Force management
10-20% domestic and international
A bachelor's degree and five years of experience in information technology or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience which includes experience working within a health, research, or academic institution. Knowledge of data and information systems standards relevant to the field of biomedical informatics and health systems.
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle or other RDBMS platform
- Experience using TSQL, SSIS, PSQL
- Experience with scripting languages such as, PERL or Python
- Experience with Mongo DB
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data
- Familiarity with regulations and standards related to the management of research data containing personally identifying information i.e. HIPAA, Common Rule
- Strong English writing and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, highly organized and detailed oriented
Systems Support Engineer Sr, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 6 hours ago
Systems Support Engineer Sr( Job Number: 0181232) Description Job Purpose: Responsible for advanced level design, integration, implementation and modification of a wide variety of user information...
Advanced Warfighting Technologies Division Co Op Or Full Time Intern Summer 2020 Acl, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Description GTRI's Advanced Warfighting Technologies Division in the Advanced Concepts Laboratory seeks qualified candidates for the position of Co-Op or full time Intern. The role of this pos...
Temp Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 16 days ago
TEMP-Engineering( Job Number: 0181172) Description Job Purpose: Provide engineering services in support of systems and equipment associated with research efforts within an academic or research uni...
Computer Science Department Chair, Computer Science, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position ID:GSU -CS -CHAIR [#15610] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Atlanta, Georgia 30302, United States [map ] Subject Area: Computer Science / All...
Epidemiologist Cdc, University of Washington, United States, about 8 hours ago
Description: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation’s premier health promotion,...
Radar Systems Engineer Seal, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 20 hours ago
Submit Resume ID:495471 Type:Researchers Location:Smyrna, GA Categories:Radar, RF, System Engineering Job Description The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Division (ISRD) of the Sens...