The Stanford Center for Population Health Sciences (PHS) is seeking a Research Data Analyst 2 (1 Year Fixed Term) for data management, data analysis, and data science work focused on population health and health equity. Initially, the Research Data Analyst will work on a COVID-19 project that represents a collaboration between the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and PHS. ABFM, in partnership with PHS, has created a dataset that includes 600 EMR records from 3000 primary care clinics across the US (oversampled from rural areas). Utilizing this dataset, the main research includes monitoring COVID-19 hot spots and trends, and to obtain the analytic products and deliverables to inform the COVID-19 emergency public health response. on a large dataset of medical records from health facilities from most states in the U.S. Although this is a fixed-term position there is strong possibility that it will be extended or converted into a permanent position.
This position will be primarily responsible for managing and analyzing large, confidential databases, including programming comfortably using statistical packages. The Research Data Analyst is expected to have experience working in a cloud environment and learning machine learning techniques. Under minimal supervision, she/he/they will communicate results in code, orally, and in writing to internal and external researchers and stakeholders. This position will also be expected to create new databases and data management procedures, including data security, as well as train and update other researchers and staff on these procedures. In addition, the position requires good project management skills, helping to move the current project forward and assisting in the design and management of new projects.
About Center for Population Health Sciences
We enter the world with a set of genes that determine many factors of our health. From that moment forward, every aspect of our lives affects our health. There is unequivocal evidence that social, environmental, and behavioral factors are by far the strongest predictors of health and disease. Founded in 2015, the Stanford Center for Population Health Sciences' (PHS) mission is to improve population health by bringing together diverse disciplines and data to better understand and address the social and environmental determinants of health.
- Prioritize and extract data from a variety of sources such as notes, survey results, medical reports, and laboratory data, and maintain its accuracy and completeness.
- Determine additional data collection and reporting requirements.
- Design and customize reports based upon data in the database. Oversee and monitor regulatory compliance for utilization of the data.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and eliminate root cause for data problems or justify solutions to be implemented by others.
- Create complex charts and databases, perform statistical analyses, and develop graphs and tables for publication and presentation.
- Serve as a resource for non-routine inquiries such as requests for statistics or surveys.
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Python programming and its data analysis packages.
- Expertise in SQL for data management and data analysis.
- Expertise and experience conducting statistical analyses.
- Experience using cloud environment such as Google Cloud or AWS is a plus.
- Experience working with large datasets is a plus.
- Academic or practical training in public health epidemiology, research methodology, database construction, and biostatistics is a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
Laboratory Manager Shenoy Lab, HHMI, United States, about 20 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated Lab Man...
Western Science Coordinator; California / Oregon, Monarch Joint Venture, United States, about 24 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyMonarch Joint VentureLocationCalifornia or Oregon preferred; other U.S. locations west of the Rocky Mountain...
Research Compliance And Export Control Specialist, The California State University, United States, 23 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 505358 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 4, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) L...
Associate Director Of Campus Wellness Education, The California State University, United States, 28 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 504947 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 29, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online:...
Department Administrative Analyst (Part Time) (2 Positions), The California State University, United States, 9 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 505903 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Part-Time Date Posted: October 18, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) ...
Mindfulness Coordinator And Spiritual Advisor Part Time, Northeastern University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Required Qualifications: · Certification in Mindfulness Practices and/or 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certification · Prior experience leading guided Mindfulness/Meditation practices · Experience in des...