Research Data Analyst 1 to use existing and novel large genomic datasets to understand the immune response to cancer in patients. anage and analyze large amounts of genomic data, in collaboration with project researchers at both Institutes. The goal of this position is to expose and train the Research Data Analyst in quantitative genome science and data analysis, as well as in cancer immunology. Applicants who work well in a team environment and enjoy thinking outside of the box are encouraged to apply.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Masters degree or PhD in data science, bioinformatics, computer science, applied mathematics, or similar.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Have experience programming in R
- Have experience manipulating, exploring, and cleaning tabular data
- Have experience reading and understanding scientific papers, ideally in cancer immunotherapy, clinical trials, and/or immunology
- Have a passion for collaborative, interdisciplinary scientific research that generates real impact
- Be highly motivated and able to work independently
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
Director, Sofia, American Geophysical Union, United States, 6 days ago
SOFIA, the Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy, is a NASA program to understand Cosmic Origins by studying the formation and evolution of planets, stars and galaxies, planets in our s...
Director Of Innovation, The California State University, United States, 6 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 25273 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: December 5, 2019 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: ht...
Communications And Events Analyst, The California State University, United States, 3 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 25280 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: December 11, 2019 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) ...
Ehs Engineer Jsr North America Holdings, Inc, University of Washington, United States, about 2 hours ago
Description: JSR, located in Sunnyvale, California, is planning to hire EHS engineer positions in January or February. Attached is the EHS engineer job description but it is slightly old and the 3...
Library And Librarian, The California State University, United States, 25 days ago
Description: San José State University - San José, California POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT Subject to Budgetary Approval Specialization: Instruction Strategy Librarian Job Opening ID (JOID): 25186 Rank: ...
Administrative Support Coordinator, The California State University, United States, 5 days ago
Description: This is a part-time (0.5) benefited position* Reporting to and receiving work lead direction from the Administrative Analyst for Student Transition and Retention Services, the Adminis...