Updated: about 10 hours ago
Location: Detroit, MICHIGAN
Job Type: FullTime
Number of Vacancies
32 - Provost & VP Academic Affairs
H6614-Center Urban Studies
Essential Functions (Job Duties)
Center for Urban Studies, a research center located within Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, seeks an experienced statistical analyst to serve as a Research Associate.
Responsibilities of Research Associate
- Provide statistical expertise in multiple dimensions including: application of cutting-edge statistical technology and methodology to broader practice; lead in the development of innovative protocol designs and statistical analysis plans in real world settings; and provide consulting and statistical direction on priority projects.
- Keep current with advances in statistical methodology; - maintain proficiency in applying new and varied methods; and be competent in justifying methods selected. Conduct literature reviews and remain current with technical and scientific literature in statistics and other related fields.
- Provide sound peer-review of work products from other statistical colleagues, including research design, and advise others on technical aspects.
- Identify appropriate and innovative statistical methods for data analysis, authoring the corresponding sections of the protocol, and conducting the actual analysis once a reporting database is created.
- Collaborate with others regarding data management, and in the planning and implementation of data quality assurance plans.
- Assume the lead role in producing reports or other deliverable documents to fulfill contracts, and prepare and deliver presentations to policy-making bodies and professional organizations.
- Actively participate in proposal grant-writing activities, including designing research methods, power analysis, data analysis plan, and drafting substantive elements of proposals (needs, significance, project design and/or evaluation, etc.).
- Prepare articles for consideration in refereed journals on an ongoing basis.
- Supervise junior staff and work with faculty/researchers involved in projects.
- Prepare regular updates to Center Director and Managing Director.
- A Ph.D. in statistics or in the quantitative aspects of social science research (including political science, public administration, demography, education, geography, psychology, public health, social work, sociology, survey methodology, and urban studies) is required.
- At least one publication in a top tier journal.
- Minimum of three years' experience in an academic research environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly skilled in advanced statistical analyses and a range of advanced quantitative techniques which might include: Arima, network analysis, multivariate linear and logistic regresssion, hierarchical linear modeling, structural equation latent variable modeling, time series analysis, Rasch analysis, statistical weighting, non-parametric statistics, reliability, sampling and effect size analysis, missing data analysis, imputation, etc.
- Ability to effectively utilize software necessary to convert and process data (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Excel, Access, Dbase). Advanced skills and practical experience in ESRI GIS or computer programming capability is an advantage.
Fiscal Year of Job Open Date
Job Open Date
(When job is posted in the system)
Job Close Date
(or until suitable candidate is found)
Until Suitable Candidate is Found
Is this position reposted?
None (New Posting)
Background Check Requirements
University policy requires certain persons who are offered employment to undergo a background check, including a criminal history check, before starting to work. If you are offered employment, the University will inform you if a background check is required.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Represented Position Message
Salary (Hire Max)
Is Position Bump Ineligible?
(Non-Academic, Represented positions only. Select 'No' for Academic. Select N/A if Non-represented.)
**NOTE: If 'Yes' is selected, then this is a Bump Ineligible Position (BIP). The person who bids or hires into this 100% grant funded position has no bumping rights upon grant expiration or in a reduction of force.
Research Asst I (Temp), University of Michigan, United States, 16 days ago
facebook twitter rss plus Login Help and FAQ Search Jobs Home Search Jobs Benefits Choose Michigan Temporary Employment Career Development Help and FAQ Unable to Locate Job This job posting is exp...