Research Associate -
: Pharmaceutical Sciences
: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences Center
Work Schedule: TBD by Supervisor
Salary Range: $21.23 per hour
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume
POSITION INFORMATION: Provides assistance to a research staff by collecting data, keeping records, conducting literature and technical research, analyzing data, preparing reports, etc. The candidate will be responsible for operation, quality control and maintenance of cyclotron equipment. The project requires and radioactivity handling experience. While prior understanding of these aspects is a definite plus, appropriate training will be provided. Preference will be given to candidates with technologist training/experience in nuclear imaging and background in chemistry.
Education: Master’s Degree comparable to where the vacancy exists
Experience: 60 months of research specialty experience and 12 months of supervisory experience
Equivalent/ Substitution: Will accept a Ph.D. plus 36 months experience as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Cyclotron, nuclear imaging, analytical and biochemical skills, radioactivity handling, animal models, and ability to work in a team
- Ability to recognize and control risks from work activities (i.e. radiation safety, etc.)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a chemistry lab setting is a plus.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior work experience in the use of radioactivity/ionizing radiation and regulations associated with it.
- Working knowledge of Pharmacopeia (USP) guidelines and FDA licensing commitments.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: None
: Feb 14, 2019
: May 15, 2019